Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I haven't been able to find an answer to this. I have a 2016 Touring Mazda6 with no extra packages; meaning the halogen headlights. I LOVE the 2016 GT LED headlights. I purchased my car on July 4th of 2015, so not sure if it is 2016.5 or what. Will the LED headlights be a just swap out if I can find any? I've been looking through salvage yards for rear-ended GTs and found a few. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Nope. Different grille trim and bumper on the 16 GT. You can get a replica of the 14-15 GT HID's on AliExpress, but not the 16 GT LED's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well poo. I thought they looked different, but wasn't quite sure. Thanks for the help! I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yeah .. the disappointing thing was that the dealer didn't made me aware of the difference between the 16 Touring and the 16 Touring with Tech - because the 16TT comes with the new headlights - rear lights and front.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I'm mad. I didn't know they came with different headlights either. Maybe I'll see if I can trade mine in. Just turned 10k miles. Just kidding. I'll go the after market route, just don't want to screw the light distance up. These are the best lights I've ever had.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wow, really? Thanks, Donkey Grundle!

I absolutely LOVE the 14-15 GT headlights and am thrilled that replicas are finally available for the Touring and Sport models. I’d buy a set of GT replica headlights in a heartbeat. Is there a way to tell which ones on AliExpress are replicas that re-use the existing Touring/Sport wiring harness vs. ones that are non-OEM replacements for the GT models (which have a different harness altogether)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I specifically bought the 2016 Touring with Tech because it basically came with all the GT features that I wanted without paying the extra 2-3 grand at that time. I got the 2016 Touring with Tech + Bose package which came with all the GT features except a few extra fluff like colored rims, a spoiler, the plexi glass thing etc. But the main thing it adds is the awesome LED lights, Bose system and a moonroof. Well worth the extra 2K price IMO.

I would recommend going the after market route as well. But be careful of where you order the parts.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Wow, really? Thanks, Donkey Grundle!

I absolutely LOVE the 14-15 GT headlights and am thrilled that replicas are finally available for the Touring and Sport models. I’d buy a set of GT replica headlights in a heartbeat. Is there a way to tell which ones on AliExpress are replicas that re-use the existing Touring/Sport wiring harness vs. ones that are non-OEM replacements for the GT models (which have a different harness altogether)?
I second this. Can somebody link to the correct version for a touring model, not GT replacement?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I second this. Can somebody link to the correct version for a touring model, not GT replacement?
---- http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-Mazda-6-ATENZA-Projector-Headlights-V3-type-Compatiable-for-the-Halo-type-to-upgrade-to/32646950325.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.236.NqQrJH&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_3_10017_10021_507_10022_10020_10009_10008_10018_10019_101,searchweb201603_6&btsid=dc666d96-9ab9-4541-bdb3-83978805dc21 ----

Don't hold me up to this but after reading through this I sure these are plug and play with the touring models... if not you will need to buy the 2015 gt headlight connectors two of them and rewire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
DeletePhoto
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing