Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm somewhat new to the forum so I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Anyway, I'm having some issues with my 2016 Mazda 6. I recently went on vacation and left my car at the airport for a week. When I was driving on the highway on my way home, the car aggressively downshifted and the AT light came on as well as the Traction system light and the Check engine light. I recently drove over a nail but had the tire patched 2 weeks prior, so i thought maybe the tire lost a lot of air and that the car was going into some safety mode. Anyway I pulled over turned the car off and checked everything out, which seemed to be fine & I drove home another 75 miles without issue. However, now that I'm home there will be times when the gears will slip or the instrument panel/ odometer lights will flicker as well as the radio turn itself on and off. I pulled up to a stop sign and went to hit the gas and the car acted as if it was in neutral. I put it in reverse and there was a very loud clunk and then the car function normally for a little bit. I do plan on taking it to the dealership, but it's going to be another week before I can get down there and I'm currently using my dads spare car. There's so many variables with this issue, the tire, transmission, battery. Idk what it could be, but was just curious if anyone had any insight before I get to the dealership. Thanks everyone for your help!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
That kinda sounds like the transmission issue that the CX-5s have been having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check your fluid level perhaps.
Just changed mine at 70,000kms. It was down .5 litres.
Low or high fluid can effect shifting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts