Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to access all of the speaker locations on a 2016 Mazda6. Could someone tell me how to get to each one?

I don't know how to get to the front dash speakers/tweeters. I took a picture of where I am talking about.

Door speakers. I started to take the door panels off by popping the white clips out. I also took a screw out from under some rubber in the door close handle. I am not sure how to get the door handle off. There is a plastic cover behind the handle but I don't know if that pops off and I don't want to break it. I took a picture of this.

Rear deck speakers. Does the plastic cover just pop off or do I need to take off the whole rear deck cover starting from the rear seats?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The front dash speaker covers pop off; you need a plastic tool to avoid damaging them, but they are not fastened by anything in particular.

The doors are screwed in; there are two screws, one behind the plastic panel that is behind the door lever (remove the panel; it comes off with finger pressure) and the second under the rubber mat at the bottom of the armrest. Remove both before attempting to pry the door card off. Go get some of the white plastic clips from the stealer before you start because you *will* damage at least one or two of them getting them off.

The rear shelf is a pain in the neck in terms of the amount of trim you have to remove first to get to the fasteners, but other than that it's not bad. Unless you have Bose, however, there shouldn't be anything back there from the factory (there isn't in my car.)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. I was able to access all of the speaker locations with ease and have replaced the stock audio system completely now.

I did not touch the rear speaker locations since I did not have the Bose system and as I started it, I didn't find it to be worth it to remove so much stuff just to see what it looks like under there.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Thanks for your help. I was able to access all of the speaker locations with ease and have replaced the stock audio system completely now.

I did not touch the rear speaker locations since I did not have the Bose system and as I started it, I didn't find it to be worth it to remove so much stuff just to see what it looks like under there.
What did you use and how are your results?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I installed for my new sound system:

Front speakers: Kicker CSS654
Rear Speakers: Kicker CS654
Speaker amplifier: PA d4000.4
Subwoofer: RE Audio SEXv2-12D4
Subwoofer amplifier: Hifonics Brutus BRX1100.1D

I am having noise issues at the moment and am in the process of tracking down the exact source of the noise. It is a hiss noise coming from all 4 tweeters.

Besides the noise issue which is not a huge one(because I am confident I will eventually fix it), the system is amazing. I am hearing parts to songs that I only could hear in nice headphones. Nothing is overpowering between the highs, mids, and lows and if I want, I can turn the sub up to have a mini rave party inside my car. There is also plenty of volume to be able to hear the music with the windows down after it rained going 80 mph on the highway. Will be able to have even more volume once I can rid myself of the noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Zoom-Zoom6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing