Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a blow out with 2 damaged rims on the passenger side. I replaced all the wheels with after-market 20” rims and tires! The ride sucks! I hate how my car drives. I will most likely return to the the original factor wheels and tires that came with the Grand Touring.

My question can 17” rims and tires be put on the Grand Touring for a better ride? The roads here in the Dallas Texas area suck. Pot holes are everywhere. Why 17s give me a softer ride? Will they work? Any pics?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a blow out with 2 damaged rims on the passenger side. I replaced all the wheels with after-market 20” rims and tires! The ride sucks! I hate how my car drives. I will most likely return to the the original factor wheels and tires that came with the Grand Touring.

My question can 17” rims and tires be put on the Grand Touring for a better ride? The roads here in the Dallas Texas area suck. Pot holes are everywhere. Why 17s give me a softer ride? Will they work? Any pics?

Thanks in advance...
Yes they will. Bigger sidewall = softer ride. My dad always told me that 20’s belong on exotics or lookin pretty in the tire/wheel shop because once you put them on a car (strictly talking about a car because some suvs come with factory 19s and 20s) that you drive everyday, then you feel every bump of that 20 inch rim.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got a set of Sport model 17" wheels for my snow tires, and the improvement in ride quality is instant. It's so much more comfortable. They came on every Sport model so just find some on craiglist. I found a set for $200 and I sold the tires on them for $100.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Thanks in advance...
I'm in OKC and I have the stock 17's and the ride is nice. I have been thinking about getting 19's, then there are those times where I hit a hole on the OKC roads and think... "If I had 19's, I would probably be buying a new wheel and tire now.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Something no one ever takes into consideration are their struts/shocks when it comes to tires. My 6 kept blowing out sidewalls on the stock 18's till i changed my 100k mile struts and shocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts