Mazda 6 Forums banner

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
It is normal and by design, almost all cars that i know of modern and old do this. The fan is connected to the battery, and if the engine temperature is over a certain level, it comes on even after the shut off to cool it down. I am positive it is mentioned in the user manual as well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Anyone drive your other car and wonder why your dang blinker doesn't turn on when you barely tap it instead of locking it in....

Then think... Duh.. oh yeah I'm not in my Mazda...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Anyone drive your other car and wonder why your dang blinker doesn't turn on when you barely tap it instead of locking it in....

:laugh2: Ha, happens to me all the time in my 2012 Tundra...(year before Toyota went to courtesy turn signals.)

·
Registered
115 Posts

We've had several cars with this feature over the years (several Audis, F150, Acura RDX) but I miss it when I drive my old BMW. In all honesty though, I wish cars with this "3 blink" feature would make it configurable. I'd like it to do 4 blinks actually...3 seems too short to give proper advance warning of a lane change and have it continue through the maneuver. The closest I've had to that was my F150 which automatically changed the setting to 5 blinks when you had a trailer connected.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Dings, chips, scratches...sadly, a fact of life. I try to not let it get to me, cause there's really no way to avoid it. (Unless, I park the car in my garage and never drive it.)

I try and regard dings philosophically...they're the patina of life. In the end, my car is a machine, a tool. A tool was made to be used and used well. If my car is used well, it will show the signs of that use, as well as the care its owner takes in it. A few dings and scratches are the sign of a life well and fully lived...

At least this is what I try and tell myself, after I get pissed off cause some dip-s**t has thoughtlessly dinged my door with his piece of s**t Suburban!!!!!
:angry:
... "the patina of life..."
Man that's beautiful... I shed a tear reading that. Way to make lemons onto lemonade. :)
We've had several cars with this feature over the years (several Audis, F150, Acura RDX) but I miss it when I drive my old BMW. In all honesty though, I wish cars with this "3 blink" feature would make it configurable. I'd like it to do 4 blinks actually...3 seems too short to give proper advance warning of a lane change and have it continue through the maneuver. The closest I've had to that was my F150 which automatically changed the setting to 5 blinks when you had a trailer connected.
+1. One of the first things I did when I had my vw was change it to 4 blinks in Vagcom. 3 is too few.

Sent from my Note 7 with tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
+1. One of the first things I did when I had my vw was change it to 4 blinks in Vagcom. 3 is too few.
I was cross shopping the GTI when I settled on my M6GT and that was going to be one of my first "mods" too. Vagcom is a wonderful tool. Wish there was something equivalent for the M6.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd love to have 4 blinks also. I saw that option is configurable on the 2011 Kia Optima. Cmon Mazda!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Yep 3 blinks too short.. As I'm still barely getting out of my lane half the time when it shuts off.

Wait people use their turn signal indicators??? Haa! I thought those were optional since 90% of my area never uses them.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Race consulting agency has the Koni's for the best price.

W/ free shipping:
Yellow set - $501.75
Fsd set - $566.50

After purchase, they'll even send you a link to get $5 refund for doing a review.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts