Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi, New here from Australia

I just pre-ordered on the other day. cost difference was around $1300 AUD. There are other changes as well.

All models have LED head, tail, fog lamps. infotainment and dash changes

Touring and up get the parking brake.

GT gets a HUD

safety pack get a Smart city brakes while reversing.

Same engine though.

Everything about this car is sounding good. It seems like it is getting the same interior look as the mazda 3 but better. It's clear to me now I'll wait.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hi, New here from Australia

I just pre-ordered on the other day. cost difference was around $1300 AUD. There are other changes as well.

All models have LED head, tail, fog lamps. infotainment and dash changes
Touring and up get the parking brake.
GT gets a HUD

safety pack get a Smart city brakes while reversing.

Same engine though.
LEDs across the board, i like that. LED tails should have been done this gen. LED fog lights sound sweet. Here's the issue with LED headlights though. They are more than likely proprietary and sealed, and we won't be able to increase output readily like a halogen to HID swap, hope they got good output.

so from pictures looks like they went electronic on the parking brake. I prefer a tried and true manual lever hand brake but i guess a "E" brake cleans up the interior using some simple button vs a lever.

·
Registered
271 Posts
LEDs across the board, i like that. LED tails should have been done this gen. LED fog lights sound sweet. Here's the issue with LED headlights though. They are more than likely proprietary and sealed, and we won't be able to increase output readily like a halogen to HID swap, hope they got good output.

so from pictures looks like they went electronic on the parking brake. I prefer a tried and true manual lever hand brake but i guess a "E" brake cleans up the interior using some simple button vs a lever.
Remember all markets have their cars built differently....you can get a manual GT in Canada but not here in the states...

Chris

·
Registered
782 Posts
I wonder with the new add on Crome around the fog lights & grill make it look ugly now. Or is it too much
The styling of the 2015 model (both the interior and exterior) look better to me than the 2016, but I'll reserve judgment until we see better photos from the LA Auto Show.

If there's no power increase and if the build quality hasn't improved, I'd personally be inclined to consider buying a left over 2015.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The styling of the 2015 model (both the interior and exterior) look better to me than the 2016, but I'll reserve judgment until we see better photos from the LA Auto Show.

If there's no power increase and if the build quality hasn't improved, I'd personally be inclined to consider buying a left over 2015.

Well I'll wait to see what it has to offer, exterior, interior etc. I was just about to make a deal on a 6 until I seen this news. I personally love the interior of the 3 so already know I'll like the 2016 6 in that department if it looks anything like the 3. But as you said we will have to wait and see

·
Registered
527 Posts
I wonder with the new add on Crome around the fog lights & grill make it look ugly now. Or is it too much

Based on the grainy picture we have I like the 14/15's thinner chrome A LOT more.

Also the chrome around the fog lights are probably going to be an add on/aftermarket, as it is on the 14/15. I don't think they're going to be on all the 2016 6's.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Well I'll wait to see what it has to offer, exterior, interior etc. I was just about to make a deal on a 6 until I seen this news. I personally love the interior of the 3 so already know I'll like the 2016 6 in that department if it looks anything like the 3. But as you said we will have to wait and see

It's not going to look like the 3. It'll have the 3's Mazda Connect head unit and it looks like the Commander Switch will be more like the 3's than the one in the 6 (it will add a small volume knob that the current 6 doesn't have) but the 3 has different shaped HVAC openings, a different dash, gauge cluster, and seats, etc.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's not going to look like the 3. It'll have the 3's Mazda Connect head unit and it looks like the Commander Switch will be more like the 3's than the one in the 6 (it will add a small volume knob that the current 6 doesn't have) but the 3 has different shaped HVAC openings, a different dash, gauge cluster, and seats, etc.

I should've been more specific, but yes that is what i hope too see in the new 6. Some of the features we see in the Mazda 3 not the exact same but similar.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I already have my tix for this year's LA Auto Show..I will be snapping up close pics, on the 2016 GJ 3.5.

If not an uprated power of the long stoke 2.5L..I'd expect a notch or so of improved mpgs.

Quite likely when the power train warranty of my "stop gap" Sexy Beast runs out in <3yrs...the last yr issue "perfected" 3.5 6MT, could be it (that or some better Mazda to my liking, by then).

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I already have my tix for this year's LA Auto Show..I will be snapping up close pics, on the 2016 GJ 3.5.

If not an uprated power of the long stoke 2.5L..I'd expect a notch or so of improved mpgs.

Quite likely when the power train warranty of my "stop gap" Sexy Beast runs out in <3yrs...the last yr issue "perfected" 3.5 6MT, could be it (that or some better Mazda to my liking, by then).
Looking forward to that Ex.. I'm only 2K from being out of warranty, LOL. I'm hopeful there is a power tease in the mix as well, but am doubtful of it at this point... :/ I've said it before and I'll say it again though. I would settle for giving up less power in the summer months, even on higher octane fuels -.-

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Looking forward to that Ex.. I'm only 2K from being out of warranty, LOL. I'm hopeful there is a power tease in the mix as well, but am doubtful of it at this point... :/ I've said it before and I'll say it again though. I would settle for giving up less power in the summer months, even on higher octane fuels -.-
Yeah, I really doubt the power increase of the 2.5L..I could be wrong, but I see perhaps an improvement, in the mpg dept (1-2mpg) with the facelift.

On a side note, I am now running pure 91RON (with the nice downtrend in gas prices). I notice a tad better pickup and response, with light gas pedal pressure (moderate to spirited 65%fwy/35%city). I did 38.84mpg combined (246.5mi/6.347gal) up to Mon of last week. Btw, am not imagining it (hear it every time)..but the engine growling sound is now louder with premium gas, on longer 3rd-5th gearing (near as loud, when brand spanking new) than it was on prior weeks, on 87-89 blend. Driving temps here range from mid 70s to upper 80s.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yeah, I really doubt the power increase of the 2.5L..I could be wrong, but I see perhaps an improvement, in the mpg dept (1-2mpg) with the facelift.

On a side note, I am now running pure 91RON (with the nice downtrend in gas prices). I notice a tad better pickup and response, with light gas pedal pressure (moderate to spirited 65%fwy/35%city). I did 38.84mpg combined (246.5mi/6.347gal) up to Mon of last week. Btw, am not imagining it (hear it every time)..but the engine growling sound is now louder with premium gas, on longer 3rd-5th gearing (near as loud, when brand spanking new) than it was on prior weeks, on 87-89 blend. Driving temps here range from mid 70s to upper 80s.

No imagination to it Ex, That's the car being able to take advantage of the fuels with more aggressive timing in the lower RPM/throttle input. In the 40-50* temps we're tracking at lately locally, I get the same feel/pull on 87 + some.. it's a nice change, makes me 100% sure I'll be doing a CAI next year if I still have this car. Dropping IAT makes too much difference to part throttle not to do it IMO.

Back on track though, I'm curious why you would expect a MPG increase? Unless they apply active shutters across the board I doubt we'll see that, as there is still a substantial "flat" face on the car :p

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Back on track though, I'm curious why you would expect a MPG increase? Unless they apply active shutters across the board I doubt we'll see that, as there is still a substantial "flat" face on the car :p
Well, it is a model update after all. As in any "re-engineered" car model yr facelift, it may or may not include mechanical/electronic improvements to its Sky -Activ 2.5L power train efficiencies..but as Mazda progresses to Sky-Activ 2 (notice the quick cadence of Mazda model updates lately) I may be wrong, but I won't be surprised if they added at least, a 1mpg improvement to the GJ MkII.

As it stands, Mazda is the "top dog" in the fuel efficiency race, as rated best fleet wide fuel economy performing automaker by the EPA (2 yrs running, above Honda, VW and Subaru)..attaining with nary a hybrid, nor alternative power train engine, to speak of. Mazda has to maintain that achievement... and up the ante, going forward.

61 - 80 of 1873 Posts