Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi I'm new at this, but I'm in the market right now for a mazda 6 i Grand touring 2015. I was actually gonna make the deal the end of this month but now seeing this rumor 2016 facelift I am happy to say I didn't get one yet!! lol, I love the Roomy body style exterior of the 6 but prefer the Mazda 3 interior. It was becoming a hard decision. I didn't understand why the 3 looked better then the 6 with interior design & certain other aspects etc. So my question is, if this car is confirm in the next 2 week at LA auto show for north America when can we expect to see it on the show room floor at the mazda dealerships? Sometime in January of 2015? I figured maybe if you guys knew the dates of when the 2014 or the 2015 was released it may give me/us a idea as to when we can expect to see it. I'm so excited Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi I'm new at this, but I'm in the market right now for a mazda 6 i Grand touring 2015. I was actually gonna make the deal the end of this month but now seeing this rumor 2016 facelift I am happy to say I didn't get one yet!! lol, I love the Roomy body style exterior of the 6 but prefer the Mazda 3 interior. It was becoming a hard decision. I didn't understand why the 3 looked better then the 6 with interior design & certain other aspects etc. So my question is, if this car is confirm in the next 2 week at LA auto show for north America when can we expect to see it on the show room floor at the mazda dealerships? Sometime in January of 2015? I figured maybe if you guys knew the dates of when the 2014 or the 2015 was released it may give me/us a idea as to when we can expect to see it. I'm so excited Thanks!

Both the 2014 and 2015 were released in January. The 2014 on Jan 1st, and the 2015 was closer to the end of the month. Volumes were LOW for the first 3-5 months of the new models.

·
Registered
745 Posts

I would wait man, pretty soon you could probably pre order the car...i wonder what deals they will be offering got it and for the older 14-15 models.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would wait man, pretty soon you could probably pre order the car...i wonder what deals they will be offering got it and for the older 14-15 models.

Yeah bro I've been thinking on it all day since I read the news of the facelift and interior 2016. "Should I wait" I love the mazda 6 body but the Tom Tom nav is horrible from the reviews I've seen on it. The interior it's self also looks outdated compare to the mazda 3 etc. I have no problem waiting a another 2months I just hope it comes out no later then January

·
Registered
540 Posts
Who the hell thought white leather would be a good idea?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah I bet.. I didn't think about that part. I looking for a snowflake GT. Someone said something about pre-ordering ? Can you did that

Snowflake GT is the way to go (that's what I have)!

You can pre-order but it doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's not like they'll make an extra one of what you want and send it to your dealer. But it might help your dealer get the one you want first and make sure you can get it the day it comes off the truck.

I bought both my Mazda 6's that way but it took almost 5 months to get the one I wanted for the 2003 model. Ordered it in Nov 02' and they couldn't find what I wanted until March. And even then they had to have someone drive it from 215 miles away so my car had 220 miles on it when I got it and an extra $150 (or so) to pay the guy that drover it here.

My 2015 I bought in June so it was not an issue. Plus my new one is an easy one to find (the 03' matched less than 1% of all 6's sold int he US that year).

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Q1? Definitely. January, maybe.

Finding the exact one you want at a local dealer when they first come out? That's a different question.
Also the 2015s will be about 10% cheaper on the last weekend of the year including discounts than the 2016s will be when they first come out.

Are you willing to pay up $2-3k for the differences?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Snowflake GT is the way to go (that's what I have)!

You can pre-order but it doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's not like they'll make an extra one of what you want and send it to your dealer. But it might help your dealer get the one you want first and make sure you can get it the day it comes off the truck.

I bought both my Mazda 6's that way but it took almost 5 months to get the one I wanted for the 2003 model. Ordered it in Nov 02' and they couldn't find what I wanted until March. And even then they had to have someone drive it from 215 miles away so my car had 220 miles on it when I got it and an extra $150 (or so) to pay the guy that drover it here.

My 2015 I bought in June so it was not an issue. Plus my new one is an easy one to find (the 03' matched less than 1% of all 6's sold int he US that year).

Yes white has always been a favor color of mine depending on what kinda of car it is, sporty looking cars etc.with a nice level of tint, nothing to dark. I'm thinking about 35% 30% the lowest being 25%. And besides the spoiler on the back of the GT (being one of my favorited add on's from the other trims) I also love the darker finishes on the 19ins rims. That combination with black leather interior and a nice level on tint is so sexy😍 but you have been very helpful! Thanks. I hope I won't have to wait long because it just seems kinda pointless to get one now with a upgrade right around the corner.. Plus I was having a had time between the mazda 3 / mazda 6 because I loved the exterior & size of the 6 but rather the 3's interior so this new is good! It just means waiting..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, New here from Australia

I just pre-ordered on the other day. cost difference was around $1300 AUD. There are other changes as well.

All models have LED head, tail, fog lamps. infotainment and dash changes
Touring and up get the parking brake.
GT gets a HUD

safety pack get a Smart city brakes while reversing.

Same engine though.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yes white has always been a favor color of mine depending on what kinda of car it is, sporty looking cars etc.with a nice level of tint, nothing to dark. I'm thinking about 35% 30% the lowest being 25%. And besides the spoiler on the back of the GT (being one of my favorited add on's from the other trims) I also love the darker finishes on the 19ins rims. That combination with black leather interior and a nice level on tint is so sexy😍 but you have been very helpful! Thanks. I hope I won't have to wait long because it just seems kinda pointless to get one now with a upgrade right around the corner.. Plus I was having a had time between the mazda 3 / mazda 6 because I loved the exterior & size of the 6 but rather the 3's interior so this new is good! It just means waiting..

We'll have to wait and see what they do before calling the next 6 an upgrade. Atheistically, based on the pictures so far anyways, it doesn't look like an upgrade to me. Unless there is a change in power, MPG, suspension, or something else it may just be a newer and slightly different 6, but not necessarily an upgrade.

Also the new Mazda Connect infotainment system (the one in the 3) probably works better in some ways, but it is definitely more cumbersome and takes longer to find screens and make changes than the current stereo.

·
Registered
146 Posts
We'll have to wait and see what they do before calling the next 6 an upgrade. Atheistically, based on the pictures so far anyways, it doesn't look like an upgrade to me. Unless there is a change in power, MPG, suspension, or something else it may just be a newer and slightly different 6, but not necessarily an upgrade.

Also the new Mazda Connect infotainment system (the one in the 3) probably works better in some ways, but it is definitely more cumbersome and takes longer to find screens and make changes than the current stereo.
i agree, well I hope we won't have to wait long before getting some more news on it

41 - 60 of 1873 Posts