Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Was there any mention of a horsepower increase?
Significant horsepower and torque increase will have me sold. Probably still wait till the summer, but thought of it has me drooling:p. A infotainment system that works with the hp and torque to match the looks?

Now if that can only eliminate more wind and road noise. :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Significant horsepower and torque increase will have me sold. Probably still wait till the summer, but thought of it has me drooling:p. A infotainment system that works with the hp and torque to match the looks?

Now if that can only eliminate more wind and road noise. :D
Mazda and road noise go hand in hand haha.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is it me or is this screen larger than the one in the 3?:confused:

Seems like it may be an 8-9 inch screen vs. the 7 inch screen the 3.

That would be welcomed news for sure.

Mazda and road noise go hand in hand haha.
True, but at least tail down the wind noise. lol. Tires can solve most of their road noise.

I wonder if they will apply their new technique to this series of the 6

NVH breakthrough by Mazda
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/82343BD97393EFC8CA257CEF000FD855

·
Registered
782 Posts
Was there any mention of a horsepower increase?
No, but it's inevitable - a midcycle refresh with just cosmetic changes isn't going be enough in this competitive market. I'd expect a mild horsepower bump in the base trims (i.e., to just under 200hp). The Speed versions will follow in 2016. The upcoming Speed 3 is rumored to have close to 300hp. The Speed 6 should be a monster.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I wonder if they will apply their new technique to this series of the 6

NVH breakthrough by Mazda
Mazda - Mazda makes NVH breakthrough | GoAuto
Really interesting, but my guess is no. Given they're planning to unveil it in a couple of weeks at the LA auto show, engineering on the re-fresh is already complete (or nearly complete). We might see this in the 2017+ model years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I much prefer the built in screen vs. that one that is like the 3. Very cheap and poor design feel, imo. Make it an ipad dock instead would be better, same look better function.

·
Registered
527 Posts

I was worried about having bought a 2015 this summer seeing the refresh and thinking I should have waited. Thankfully I'm happy to say, based on these pictures anyways, that I couldn't be happier with my 2015 and I wouldn't want the 2016.

The new headlights do look pretty nice, but the headlights on the current Grand Touring are too. I don't like the new dash either. I'm sure the infotainment SOFTWARE is better, but I just don't like the way the dash looks here. Also looks like the Commander Switch has more features/buttons/knobs (like the 3), which would be nice, but not enough to get a new car.

All in all there's a few things to like about the refresh, but like every Mazda6 mid-cycle refresh to date, overall I like the current model better than the refresh.

Now I'm clear to wait for either a new engine or the 2019's (4th gen, hopefully) and will be happy with what I have!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Umm ok, Think about what you just said, So you're saying you think the chrome is on top of the light?!?!
Uhhh, yes. It is over the headlight housing anyways (not "the light"). No different than the current 6 and its headlight housing.

I'm not sure what you are going after here.

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
I was worried about having bought a 2015 this summer seeing the refresh and thinking I should have waited. Thankfully I'm happy to say, based on these pictures anyways, that I couldn't be happier with my 2015 and I wouldn't want the 2016.

The new headlights do look pretty nice, but the headlights on the current Grand Touring are too. I don't like the new dash either. I'm sure the infotainment SOFTWARE is better, but I just don't like the way the dash looks here. Also looks like the Commander Switch has more features/buttons/knobs (like the 3), which would be nice, but not enough to get a new car.

All in all there's a few things to like about the refresh, but like every Mazda6 mid-cycle refresh to date, overall I like the current model better than the refresh.

Now I'm clear to wait for either a new engine or the 2019's (4th gen, hopefully) and will be happy with what I have!
Just bought a 2015 last week with the same concerns. Could not agree more. I'm happy with my purchase and who knows, we may be able to swap out the commander knobs and infotainment units with some aftermarket adapters down the road.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just bought a 2015 last week with the same concerns. Could not agree more. I'm happy with my purchase and who knows, we may be able to swap out the commander knobs and infotainment units with some aftermarket adapters down the road.
Maybe a re-flash of the infotainment software to the new Mazda Connect. I'm not holding my breath, this sort of thing almost never happens, but with all the complaints with the current system maybe it finally does with our cars?

·
Registered
782 Posts
...I couldn't be happier with my 2015 and I wouldn't want the 2016.

All in all there's a few things to like about the refresh, but like every Mazda6 mid-cycle refresh to date, overall I like the current model better than the refresh...
I agree with you Gavin. Aesthetically, I prefer the exterior and interior design of the current generation too. But it's close (glad they didn't f-up the re-design completely). The swing vote for me would be the (as yet undisclosed) horsepower difference between the 2015 and 2016 models.

If they launch the 2016 with no additional power over the 2015 models, I'd be inclined to look for a left over 2015 and plan to do some of the simpler mods that others have done to boost the performance a bit (CAI, exhaust, 89 octane). The 2015 with 20 to 30 hp is all I'm asking for. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
all i want is 300hp and awd on this gen, or i'm gonna have to buy another 1st gen speed6 :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
No, but it's inevitable - a midcycle refresh with just cosmetic changes isn't going be enough in this competitive market. I'd expect a mild horsepower bump in the base trims (i.e., to just under 200hp). The Speed versions will follow in 2016. The upcoming Speed 3 is rumored to have close to 300hp. The Speed 6 should be a monster.
Even if this new model is going to be sweet with a mild bump I think I'm going to wait on this speed 6...and if it doesn't actually come out there is always this new model.

Regarding the front chrome trim...guys take a look at the mazda 3, that front chrome brow is much thicker than what we have ad it looks pretty good and if you don't like the chrome...PLASTI DIP LOL

·
Registered
157 Posts
Regarding the front chrome trim...guys take a look at the mazda 3, that front chrome brow is much thicker than what we have ad it looks pretty good ...

I was just going to say the same exact thing, but you beat me to it. I saw an ad for the Mazda 3 today and I noticed that the chrome around the grille looks remarkably similar to the thicker chrome around the grille of the facelifted 6. Until recently, I never even noticed that the 3 had thicker chrome there in the first place.

21 - 40 of 1873 Posts