Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Mazda 6 that up until recently had no issues. I have about 40k miles and recently I was experiencing my battery being dead randomly. I had it checked and auto parts store confirmed a cell was faulty. I bought and replaced battery and once I started the car my check engine light came on.i went to read the code and now my OBD2 module is out. The car runs fine, starts fine now and even though I am confident switching batteries is somehow at fault and my car's engine is fine, I can't figure out what to do to svd the issue. Please help!

·
Registered
2016 6
288 Posts
If the vehicle seems to be operating as it should since you switched the battery I would try and just bring it back to autozone so they could just scan it and grab the code making the cel come on. There is a code that has to do with like the engine timer or some bs and if that code doesn't get cleared it throws the light. Also if the battery was the issue prior it'll throw a ton of low battery voltage codes in all of the systems. You most likely just need to have the codes cleared, but we have to start with what codes are present.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts