Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
765 Posts
Just catching up with the forum after some stupid hour days and read plenty of good stuff but this is mashing my head.

Just to clarify, the rim is the circular outer bit, no spokes, centre or anything. The whole lot is called a wheel

·
Registered
18 Posts
AJ your rims look badass man,dont let him ruin your day. I get tired of seeing his mouth run through text every damn time I get on here. I've only posted a couple posts,but mostly jump on here for reference purposes. I have gone through the forum alot,and hes always running his mouth,and no one said shit. As far as I'm concerned your welcomed here. Your car looks great,and thanks to your post, you just threw the idea in my head to get my stock rims painted. Oh excuse me AJ get them "powder coated".Better use proper terminology right:LOL::ROFLMAO: Anyways thanks for the idea and the post big dawg!
Honestly @TalonTsi90 you just sound like a goof, so what if the man ain’t use no technical term, he told you what he meant n you still went on bout some cookies. Like ur really just a child that needs to get off the internet. @ajbuch2 we got you brother, welcome to the forums, some of us don’t care bout technical shit we just here to have fun an share our 6’s.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Honestly @TalonTsi90 you just sound like a goof, so what if the man ain’t use no technical term, he told you what he meant n you still went on bout some cookies. Like ur really just a child that needs to get off the internet. @ajbuch2 we got you brother, welcome to the forums, some of us don’t care bout technical shit we just here to have fun an share our 6’s.
Well, unlike you, at least I can spell and use correct grammar and punctuation.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Just to clarify, the rim is the circular outer bit, no spokes, centre or anything. The whole lot is called a wheel
I feel ashamed saying this but I have always referred to the rim as the whole metal thing. It might be because of my understanding when I was kid, I'll have a bent rim and I often hear it from bike shops. So I referred to the whole metal thing as a "rim" and "wheel" when referring to the whole thing that includes the tire.

And just like that guy, when I say "painted" then I simply mean changing the color. Thank you @DrFeelGood for your post about powder coating.

Another lesson for the wannabe car guy. 😀

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
765 Posts
The rim on a wheel just means the outer edge. Same on an oil barrel, teacup or even the bucket you use to wash your car with.

My son keeps calling his wheels in Gran Turismo rims.These rims are right nice dad… yeah son, what about the rest of the wheel?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts