Mazda 6 Forums banner

2016 Adaptive AHD headlights very cool

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ahmedi 
#1 ·
So, I just got my 2016 GT recently and have not driving it at night yet so I took it for a spin around the neighborhood tonight to check out the headlights.

When I go to turn down a side street the light move with my steering big time. I made some left turns and the lights went way over to that side. They also go wide as I slow down.

I wasn't able to notice the segmentation but left my high beams on and nobody flashed me. I noticed that if I am stopped in the driveway and turn the steering the lights do not move. When I get in front of the car and aim a flashlight into the camera the lights do not change either so I think you have to be moving for it to activate.
Very cool technology, I will need to test the SCBS, somewhere I read it works for reversing as well.

#3 ·
I have a 2014 GT model and when I'm fully stopped the lights won't turn with the steering, once the car moves even 2 miles/hour it will move with the steering,

As for 2016 models, there is no adaptive lights that moves with the steering, as you said there is just a light on the sides turn on when the car is 25 miles/hour or less, and yes it's amazing :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.