Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I was replacing the stock brake bulbs and couldnt help but notice there are no wires running into my rear deck speakers! I purchased this car used w 30k miles so not sure if this was removed or if rear deck speakers ever came on the 6 sport model. Seems off. Idk how i never noticed this. My question is did this model come with rear deck speakers and if so how should i go about finding the wiring? Also there is a random wiring harness unhooked behind the rear seat. Help! Thank you

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Have fun with the deck cover trim; you have to remove several other pieces of trim and things from the interior rear seat area to get it out without damaging it. While you're doing it add a small amount of dynamat to the shelf metal; it resonates like a SOB and will destroy the sound quality if you don't. (Can you tell I've been in there?)

I opted NOT to put speakers there in my car; YMMV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, why? They are so low in volume even on a Bose car that i just pulled mine out. Plus, i need the holes for when i put my subs in...
Have fun with the deck cover trim; you have to remove several other pieces of trim and things from the interior rear seat area to get it out without damaging it. While you're doing it add a small amount of dynamat to the shelf metal; it resonates like a SOB and will destroy the sound quality if you don't. (Can you tell I've been in there?)

I opted NOT to put speakers there in my car; YMMV.
Thanks a lot, I was able to remove it all safely just to take a look and it all went back in place fine. Gunna take that your route and opt not to waist time on the rear deck. May install a 8in sub at some point for more punch. If so ill add some insulation to that deck and truck area. Ill post if i do!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, why? They are so low in volume even on a Bose car that i just pulled mine out. Plus, i need the holes for when i put my subs in...
Just an idea glad you informed me that they are negligible lol in some cars the rear deck makes all the difference (last car was a altima and the stock lows were great) im glad this is not the case

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Thanks a lot, I was able to remove it all safely just to take a look and it all went back in place fine. Gunna take that your route and opt not to waist time on the rear deck. May install a 8in sub at some point for more punch. If so ill add some insulation to that deck and truck area. Ill post if i do!
Check out my build log for ideas, especially with the rear deck Audio build log

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For sure i checked it out, im deciding on a material if not just using dynamat but its a little expensive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts