Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie (obviously). I have a tire question, and assume I'm supposed to "post [it] here first". Pardon me if I am incorrect.

I purchased my first Mazda last year and it is great, except for the wheels. I know it is not a Mazda issue, but can't stand the low-profile tires. Way too rough for my old butt. One rim already has a slight dent that is causing a slow leak. I want to put on smaller steel rims. I want to make sure I don't get some too small to fit over the brakes and other hardware it the area. Does anyone have any experience to offer advice on wheels to purchase? (Smallest diameter, max width, brand, etc?) I have a 2015 6 Touring, currently with 19 inch factory wheels.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you're set on steel you could go to previous generation lowest trim-line cx5 17x7 steel wheels with their available center cap. They are heavy, though. They are silver colored. Or go with 16x6-1/2 OEM Mazda steel.... but figuring out a center cap is a bit of a challenge (i have some ideas). Or easiest and perhaps most aesthetic - go with 3rd gen Sport trim 17 x 7-1/2 Alloys. You definitely, in all three cases, lose one of the most pleasing aspects of the car's looks in my opinion.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Cdn17Sport6MT
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing