Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my 2015 Mazda 6 Sport has 90,000 miles on it. Its been a pretty good car so far, I have had it since 35,000 miles when it was 2 years old in 2017. I have had to replace Front brake pad, rotors, Tires and a belt tensioner and belt. So I noticed that when i drive and the car is warmed up, it starts making this squeaking sound only from the front left side when accelerating from low speeds and when braking at low speed. Its only at very low speed like under 10mph. The noise sounds like a suspension sqeaking sound. Its really annoying. When the car sit for a few hrs, it wont do it until the car has been driven for about 20 mins. Any idea what the problem is? The car drives perfect good, no vibration or weird handling issues.

·
Rally Racer
2,030 Posts
Hello.
1. Is the squeaking constant?
2. If it pulsates, does the rate change with speed?
3. When coasting at 10mph it is silent, and then only squeaks when accelerating or decelerating?
4. Does it squeak when you jump up and down on the suspension?
5. Did you do any maintenance just before the squeak started?
6. What have you checked so far?
Just a few things that come to mind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys i changed the control arms on both sides and its still making the noise. The control arm bushing were torn really bad though. It wasnt the cause of the noise. It looks like i fixed a future a problem but not the current one.

Drfeelgood i am gonna anwer your queations:

1. Is the squeaking constant? When the car is warmed up its only when it does it. If am driving for hours the noise goes and comes.

2. If it pulsates, does the rate change with speed?

no pulsating

3. When coasting at 10mph it is silent, and then only squeaks when accelerating or decelerating.

No it does the noise as soon as i press the gas, when car is warm and when braking at like 5mph. I did notice when i put my car from drive to park. It made the noise when the was rolling into the park position. It could also be heard sometimes shfiting from P to D, P to R.

4. Does it squeak when you jump up and down on the suspension?

No

5. Did you do any maintenance just before the squeak started?

I changed the battery and broke one of the battery mounts on the battery tray for the hold down. So my battery right now doesn't have that hold down tool but i cant recall if it was doing it before or after the battery change. I ordered a new battery tray which has been back ordered. I dont think that would cause this really loud creaking sound though.

6. What have you checked so far?

I took it too two mechanic, they checked the whole suspension. Says everything looks good, not sure what it is. They did the motor mount test and no broken motors monuts. The noise sounds like something is rubbing somewhere

The car handles great no vibration. It drives perfect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well replaced driver side front strut assembly with a used low mileage 2017 mazda 6 sturt assembly the noise is still there. Hopefully replacing the battery tray solves this problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys just a little update, I decided to cough up the $145 and get my local Mazda dealership to diagnose the issue. Will report what they find.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It sounds like your sound might be coming from the brakes. If it's not, check your strut mounts and sway links.

Why did you need to replace the belt and tensioner? I'm at over 100k now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys they said my tranmission mount is bad. They wanna charge $495 to do it. That's sound quite a lot for one mount. I am gonna go to a local mechanic to get it done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys so got the transmission mount replaced and the noise is completely gone. Finally a resolution to this

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder how that became worn out. Where you doing some weird or aggressive shifts with the trans in manual mode or something?
I do drive it Manuel mode when I want to pass someone. Have no idea why it went out. The transmission mount I got from Mazda , is a revised part. I was a little shock when I saw made in Mexico for a OEM part. Yep am really happy it solved the problem. The part was $120 and labour at a local mechanic shop was $125. Much cheaper the $495 the dealership was gonna charge

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It sounds like your sound might be coming from the brakes. If it's not, check your strut mounts and sway links.

Why did you need to replace the belt and tensioner? I'm at over 100k now.
The belt tensioner started leaking and made noise at 45,000mile so had to change it. I just slapped on a new belt, even though the old belt was fine, It seems to be a common problem with these cars .

·
Registered
409 Posts
I do drive it Manuel mode when I want to pass someone. Have no idea why it went out. The transmission mount I got from Mazda , is a revised part. I was a little shock when I saw made in Mexico for a OEM part. Yep am really happy it solved the problem. The part was $120 and labour at a local mechanic shop was $125. Much cheaper the $495 the dealership was gonna charge
Try to be very gentle with your transmission, it may or may not be due to how you drive but I've never heard of an issue like this, in general I'd avoid manual mode all together at your mileage because you're just putting more stress on a gearbox which needed a pan filter and fluid change roughly 30k miles ago. Unless you've already taken care of that, of course

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Try to be very gentle with your transmission, it may or may not be due to how you drive but I've never heard of an issue like this, in general I'd avoid manual mode all together at your mileage because you're just putting more stress on a gearbox which needed a pan filter and fluid change roughly 30k miles ago. Unless you've already taken care of that, of course
I changed the fluid twice but not the filter. Transmission shift good so far. I was really shock myself the transmission mount was the problem. Never heard of it too with these cars. The transmission mount was bad for like 10,000 miles. It still drove really good despite this mount being bad it was just noisy that's all. Keep that in mind.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts