Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently bought a 2015 mazda 6 touring with a 6 speed. This is not my first manual car however the problems I'm facing are new to me. One night my clutch seemed to have gotten stuck with caused the rpms to red line no matter what gear I shifted into and the car would not move. Does anyone know what exactly could have caused this?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Seems to me that either the clutch slave cylinder has become seized in its deployed position or the clutch master cylinder has seized its deployed position. Disassembly of one or both is in order....? If you do this yourself be aware that i) brake fluid is poisonous and is absorbed through skin; and ii) it removes paint if spilled on same. Common reservoir for brakes/ clutch system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to me that either the clutch slave cylinder has become seized in its deployed position or the clutch master cylinder has seized its deployed position. Disassembly of one or both is in order....? If you do this yourself be aware that i) brake fluid is poisonous and is absorbed through skin; and ii) it removes paint if spilled on same. Common reservoir for brakes/ clutch system.
I thought the same thing but it hasnt happened again and my brake fluid reservoir is full so maybe a pinched line or a clog somewhere? seemed to happen very fast for it to just be a worn out clutch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Codyshorey
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing