Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey I could be wrong here - but isn't 24mm a more common hex size than 23mm in sockets? 15/16" converted to metric is 23.8125 mm btw... but you didn't say that was the between-flats dimension of the fill plug or drain plug. Now a nominally 24mm marked hex plug is actually a 'wee bit less than 24mm between flats. ?????

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey I could be wrong here - but isn't 24mm a more common hex size than 23mm in sockets? 15/16" converted to metric is 23.8125 mm btw... but you didn't say that was the between-flats dimension of the fill plug or drain plug. Now a nominally 24mm marked hex plug is actually a 'wee bit less than 24mm between flats. ?????
Yes you are correct 24mm are much more common in socket sizes
When I used the 15/16" it had some slop so being it's 23.8125mm obviously a 24mm would be too big as well so it would have to be a 23mm Hex right?
I work at a machine shop so I will try & locate both sizes if possibly & verify this because it's sort of bugging me not knowing this info.

·
Registered
674 Posts
23-24mm? Dang, that's a big plug. At least with that big a hole(s), it will be easier to get the gear oil in and out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
23-24mm? Dang, that's a big plug. At least with that big a hole(s), it will be easier to get the gear oil in and out.
It was easy to remove with a basic 18in Breaker Bar, it was harder locating a socket/wrench to fit the Nut.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts