Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the same situation right now....2014 GT with i-Eloop which requires a special Mazda Q85 battery. I got the same battery maintenance message this week. The i-Eloop apparently REQUIRES the special battery and yes it retails for about $400 USD Rachat de crédit et trésorerie. I've been trying to find a cheaper after-market replacement but so far i've found nothing yet. I may have to resort to calling the local stealership.... :(
Hello I would like to know if you have resorted to calling the local thief

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stick a voltmeter on that battery with the car off. Is it a 12V battery? If it is, find the size and terminal orientation match for it -- and change it. This assumes you can FIND said match; you might not be able to, which sends you to the stealer as well.

If it's not 12V then you have a problem and are probably stuck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stick a voltmeter on that battery with the car off. Is it a 12V battery? If it is, find the size and terminal orientation match for it -- and change it. This assumes you can FIND said match; you might not be able to, which sends you to the stealer as well.

If it's not 12V then you have a problem and are probably stuck.
Do NOT I repeat do not try and replace this battery on your own. There is a very specific way to replace it (and also jump it). The capacitor it is connected too must be completely drained and disconnected before changing the battery, doing it wrong and you can complete melt your whole electrical system and or kill yourself. The capacitor hold up to 25 volts which is enough to serious injure or kill yourself. These batteries are very specific in the way they are made, be smart and just pay the 550 bucks to have them change it out. They last 3-6 years that’s not that much money over the course of that much time.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts