Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All. Just called my dealer and asked them for the cost of "transmission pan bolts" for my '15 Mazda 6. Without giving them anymore information they asked if I needed "all 16". When I asked for the part number they gave me the part number for the bolt listed above: 9YA010615A. Just wanted to share in case anyone else was having as hard of a time as I was finding the part number.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another question. From my research, in order to check the trans fluid accurately, I need to be able to have the car running. How do I disassemble the air filter box to get access to the trans dipstick, be able to turn the car on, and not have my dash light up? Do you all have any good videos or images demonstrating this?

·
Registered
2016 6
520 Posts
Another question. From my research, in order to check the trans fluid accurately, I need to be able to have the car running. How do I disassemble the air filter box to get access to the trans dipstick, be able to turn the car on, and not have my dash light up? Do you all have any good videos or images demonstrating this?
So it’s kinda hard to describe but you need to loosen the clamps holding the airbox to the throttle body and remove the whole airbox but keep it all together or reassemble it but with the bottom end of the airbox towards the windshield. It’s kinda tricky and you may have to unplug the MAF along the way but it’s not too complicated.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
The Mazda guy who did it to my car checked the level by going underneath. The car is lifted so that makes it easier.

You gave me an idea, I'll take a video next time. I hope I don't forget.

·
Registered
416 Posts
What I have done when re-filling mine is more or less what Trollz3457 described.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All. Wanted to share that I've replaced ATF on filter on two Mazda 6s now (a 2015 sport and 2016 GT). Both are running great with no leaks! I used the procedures that are listed on this thread. I ended up using the Mazda brand grey RTV and it worked well. Just wanted to share and thank you all!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts