Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 6
520 Posts
Yes the fluid in the ATX is a "lifetime" fluid, however in some cases as a mazda tech I have had to drain and fill these on occasion. There really aren't any issues with removing the pan and changing out the filter like you would on older vehicles which is super easy to do. The most important part about this is the filling part. you have to have the vehicles transmission up to the specific operating temperature the whole time, can;t be hotter or colder. I believe it's around 167 farenheit. You will need to turn the car on and off repeatedly while monitoring the temp and checking the fluid level to do it correctly but if you do it close enough there shouldn't be any after issues. Another thing you might want to inquire at your closest dealer is if there are any tcm (trans control module) updates available.

·
Registered
2016 6
520 Posts
Another question. From my research, in order to check the trans fluid accurately, I need to be able to have the car running. How do I disassemble the air filter box to get access to the trans dipstick, be able to turn the car on, and not have my dash light up? Do you all have any good videos or images demonstrating this?
So it’s kinda hard to describe but you need to loosen the clamps holding the airbox to the throttle body and remove the whole airbox but keep it all together or reassemble it but with the bottom end of the airbox towards the windshield. It’s kinda tricky and you may have to unplug the MAF along the way but it’s not too complicated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts