Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'16 M6, 2.5L, ATX
102 Posts
Mine has 166000 kilometers in it, I've done two drain and refill (about 3.4 liters were changed every time - if filled properly there's 7.8 liters in the transmission), I'm going to do another with a pan drop to replace the filter also.

You can inspect check your ATF's colors and odor, some say you shouldn't change it if it's burnt or there are visible particles. Mine was only burnt, the magnet on the drain bolt was clean, we'll see how thick is the junk around the bigger magnet in the pan. If I were you, I'd check it first then do a drain and refill, but if you don't touch it'll work for another 4 years imho :)

Did you feel any slipping, shift shock, or improper acceleration?

·
Registered
'16 M6, 2.5L, ATX
102 Posts
I think you won't find any service note, I've discussed it with the reseller, a Mazda service in Germany and another one in Hungary about it. Everyone had the same reply, that I don't have to worry, the transmission is sealed and filled with life-time fluid.

Yeah, but their interpretation of life-time is 5 years or 120k km, while the guarantee lasts...Some says after a give mileage you shouldn't don any change, my opinion is it's better late then never (if it's error-free currently). With a normal drain and fill you can replace almost half of the fluid, but I'd drop the pan. That's the only way to change the filter and clean up the mess from the magnet.

·
Registered
'16 M6, 2.5L, ATX
102 Posts
I've posted the replacement procedure in a different topic. Anyway:
  • 8-10 Nm is the require torque,
  • ATF FZ is the fluid (original or OE like Ravenol in Europe),
  • tickerguy recommended a sealer, the one in the manual (TB1217E) seems unavailable, basically any sealer is good with similar specs,
  • you're lucky, in the States you can easily check the required part and order it only (eg. from mazda-parts.com)
    I've ordered it from Japan, and they included drainer plug also, but ask them before ordering, as it's a separately purchasable part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts