Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new set of 18" wheel from a friend and cant find the exact answer in looking for. Does the 2015 sport with stock 17s have tpms sensors. My local mazda dealer said no that it uses the abs sensors. After test drive tpms warning light came on, I reset the light and need to go test drive again to see if it comes back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new rims are 18" 225/40R18 fronts and 245/40R18 rears. Tire pressure is good in each tire and drives grate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the new tire are the size posted. Also they were free and that's how I got them. Also the rims are offset 9" front 10" rears the stock's are 225/55r17

·
Super Moderator
17,286 Posts
FYI you may need to reset it a couple more times. Every time I swap from summer/winter my car gets angry for a few weeks until it finally realizes it has no idea what it's talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Careful when changing stock wheels and changing rim sizes , Check all suspension parts that they are designed for them,, Some Mazda 6 upper control arms are different for different size tires.. And you can lose your warrantee on lots of different suspension parts. If you’re still covered.. My 6 Has totally different sized upper control arms from 16 inch wheel to a 17 or 18 inch wheel.. So I change them out ,,,and good thing too because the size change destroyed all the both upper control arms rubber .... Just research before you buy anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts