Mazda 6 Forums banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Just picked up my car from the dealership. They were able to replicate the issue, and I'm bring it back in on Monday for TSB 02-003/15.

·
Registered
x_posts
Just picked up my car from the dealership. They were able to replicate the issue, and I'm bring it back in on Monday for TSB 02-003/15.

Yup same thing they did with mine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
x_posts
I have RSR Coilovers and I hear some popping noise on slow speed, also when making turns. I only hear it on the front driver side though. Could this be related with the issue?

·
Registered
x_posts
I have RSR Coilovers and I hear some popping noise on slow speed, also when making turns. I only hear it on the front driver side though. Could this be related with the issue?
Sounds like the same problem I was having. A lot of suspension noises going over bumps at low speeds or when turning my steering wheel. The TSB they applied to my car seems to have fixed the problem for me.

I'm not sure though if they'll apply the TSB in your case since you're running a aftermarket suspension. Good luck!

·
Registered
x_posts
I'm at around 25k and for probably the past 10k or so I've noticed a squeaking noise coming from the front suspension at low speeds (typically when backing out of a driveway over the curb).

Are we talking about the same thing here?

With my warranty getting closer and closer to expiring I want address any/all of these well known issues if at all possible.

·
Registered
x_posts
I'm at around 25k and for probably the past 10k or so I've noticed a squeaking noise coming from the front suspension at low speeds (typically when backing out of a driveway over the curb).

Are we talking about the same thing here?

With my warranty getting closer and closer to expiring I want address any/all of these well known issues if at all possible.
For me, it was more of a clunking noise rather than a squeaking noise. It happened at low speeds going over a speed bump or any kind of incline/decline. Typically occurred more often when the car was going over those surfaces at an angle.

·
Registered
x_posts
For me, it was more of a clunking noise rather than a squeaking noise. It happened at low speeds going over a speed bump or any kind of incline/decline. Typically occurred more often when the car was going over those surfaces at an angle.

I haven't heard what I would consider a distinct "clunking" sound, but it sounds like it could be a related issue. Probably something worth getting checked out.

Of course my dealer is going to love me coming in w/ another issue and providing them w/ the TSB for it.

·
Registered
x_posts
Sounds like the same problem I was having. A lot of suspension noises going over bumps at low speeds or when turning my steering wheel. The TSB they applied to my car seems to have fixed the problem for me.

I'm not sure though if they'll apply the TSB in your case since you're running a aftermarket suspension. Good luck!
If the TSB they applied to your car is related to the strut bearing, this might not be applicable to me since, i have aftermarket suspension now in terms of shocks/springs.

I've found another TSB related to creaking noise which might be also related. TSB: 02-001/15

·
Registered
x_posts
I haven't heard what I would consider a distinct "clunking" sound, but it sounds like it could be a related issue. Probably something worth getting checked out.

Of course my dealer is going to love me coming in w/ another issue and providing them w/ the TSB for it.

I recorded this with my gopro. Try to see if we have the same knocking / tapping sound.

https://youtu.be/G9GTAjnDavw

·
Registered
x_posts
If the TSB they applied to your car is related to the strut bearing, this might not be applicable to me since, i have aftermarket suspension now in terms of shocks/springs.

I've found another TSB related to creaking noise which might be also related. TSB: 02-001/15
Yup they replaced both front strut bearings and some coil sleeves as well I believe.

It's worth a try. As much as I love this car it seems like every time I come in for an oil change, I usually have something for the dealer to look into. Surprisingly my dealer has been pretty good with fixing everything besides this rattling noise I have coming from somewhere around the passenger side A pillar.

With all the suspension noise fixed now, the car now makes zero noise when going over any bump/incline/decline surface. Yay!

·
Registered
x_posts
Took my car in several times because of the same clicking noise with suspension up front. After the 3rd time of taking it in the dealer finally heard it and ordered parts. They replaced the right & left front lower control arm bushing, and left tire rod. I too am close to 36k and had to make sure there is proof I heard issues before warranty ended just in case it comes back up. Hopefully this fix eliminates the noise since I notice every little thing that occurs in my cars. Thanks of for starting this thread. TU

·
Registered
x_posts
Suspention Knocking

Hey there everyone. I came across this thread since i have the same issue with my 2015 mazda6 GT.
So, I started noticing this problem maybe a few months back when i turned the wheel all the way to the left and let go of the break i could hear and fell something knock from underneath the car. I made a trip to the dealer and told them about my concern. ( the car had 2500 miles then) so they took it for diagnostics and the technician coulnd't reproduce the issue. they called me over and the guy let me drive and he sat in the passanger seat and i made it happen. it acctualy wasnt only when turning the wheel but also when in reverse and pressing the break. As someone here said that it only happened in low temps. or when the car has been sitting for a while. Yes thats exacley the same thing I have. ok back to the story. so my service advisor found a TSB that said to replace a front strut tower bearing and to install some protector. After that repair the Knocking got somewhat quiet but i can still hear it especially in revease. a few days ago i was pulling out of parking space by the street so i had to fully turn the wheel to the left and it was colder that morning and boom there we go again it made that knock... so i went back after a few weeks after they did that first fix which abviously didn't solve the problem and now they found another TSB that said to replace the tie rod on the left side. Now im currently waiting for the parts to ship and Ill be going in for a second repair. I will keep you guys updated on this issue and how it develops. sorry for a long story :wink2:

·
Registered
x_posts
I mentioned when I went for an oil change that my squeak while raining was still there. They said since they just did the work they can take a look at it even though I'm already out of the manufacturer warranty. They hooked it up to machines, sprayed everything with water and couldn't duplicate it. So whatever, I'll live with it.

·
Registered
x_posts
I personally get a creaking noise when I go down a sharp incline at my parking garage, or sometimes just braking. They've replaced a few things, but it doesn't change. It's on the driver side and attached is a youtube link to hear it. They can't duplicate it, but I can within 15 minutes of getting it back.

It happens at the 5 second mark. This is the only thing that really bothers me about my car. 2016 Mazda6 Sport

·
Registered
x_posts
I personally get a creaking noise when I go down a sharp incline at my parking garage, or sometimes just braking. They've replaced a few things, but it doesn't change. It's on the driver side and attached is a youtube link to hear it. They can't duplicate it, but I can within 15 minutes of getting it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2kQBS55kGU

It happens at the 5 second mark. This is the only thing that really bothers me about my car. 2016 Mazda6 Sport

2016 model and they still haven't fixed it. I have the 2014.

x_y_of_z_posts