Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fellaz, got good news.

Mazda informed me there's soon gonna be a TSB on M6s with this issue. turned out there's a suspension bump stop (part # 34-10x) that mazda japan had to redesign and fabricate. they've installed 2 pieces of this part on my M6 and claimed the issue is resolved. I'm picking it up soon so i'll be the judge of this soon.

If you've got the same issue with your 6, mention this to your dealership or call ur "friendly" mazda regional HQ and get this darn thing fixed!

Best,
Thomas

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fellaz, got good news.

Mazda informed me there's soon gonna be a TSB on M6s with this issue. turned out there's a suspension bump stop (part # 34-10x) that mazda japan had to redesign and fabricate. they've installed 2 pieces of this part on my M6 and claimed the issue is resolved. I'm picking it up soon so i'll be the judge of this soon.

If you've got the same issue with your 6, mention this to your dealership or call ur "friendly" mazda regional HQ and get this darn thing fixed!

Best,
Thomas
That's definitely good news. I'm gonna mention it to my dealer whenever I take the car in to finally get this looked at.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fellaz, got good news.

Best,
Thomas

·
Registered
233 Posts
Finally took mine in. They replaced the right & left front lower control arm bushing, and referenced TSB#02-001/15. I've only driven it a few times when it happened to be raining and I didn't hear anything. I'm optimistic but I'm waiting for it to be absolutely pouring on my way home from work to see if the noise is there. With my luck it'll happen once I'm at 36,001 miles (I'm at 35,300 now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
thomas, thanks for the updates. dealer couldn't find the problem in mine. mechanic actually drove with me to hear the noise from suspension. driving mazda6 s 2016. not even 2k mileage. did you receive/tested your car yet ? thanks again.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Finally took mine in. They replaced the right & left front lower control arm bushing, and referenced TSB#02-001/15. I've only driven it a few times when it happened to be raining and I didn't hear anything. I'm optimistic but I'm waiting for it to be absolutely pouring on my way home from work to see if the noise is there. With my luck it'll happen once I'm at 36,001 miles (I'm at 35,300 now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well after about a month of nothing the noise is back, but it's not nearly as noticeable. It may be coming only from the right side. I thought it was interesting that when I had the work done my tech rep said they only worked on the left side, but the paperwork said they worked on both sides. Anyway I'm debating whether I should pursue it since I'm now out of warranty... don't want to be charged for this (or rather I don't have the money right now for what they may charge for this).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello all-- I just signed up for this forum specifically b/c of this issue. I just purchased a new 2015 Mazda 6 Sport 6sp manual. (First Mazda ever...first 4 cylinder family car in a long time... and got a fantastic deal!).

At any rate: I have noticed a "clunk" which seems to be from the suspension that very consistently happens on starting and stopping. It seems to me this happens due to the vehicle weight transfer that occurs on initial acceleration / deceleration. I've had many standard vehicles over the years and very familiar with clutches...and I am positive this is not a clutch noise. I describe the noise as a clunk, but it's really not that loud. It's definitely annoying and should NOT be there. It does it in forward or reverse, and sometimes when decelerating to a stop a low traffic speeds. I first thought it was coming from the rear... but sometimes sounds like the front... The good news is it is rather consistent so there should be no problems with the dealer reproducing it. Will be taking car in shortly and update this forum.

Thank you all for your posts and research, especially the TSB numbers. Over the years I've round all dealers more or less are horrible on service... though some are less horrible than others. I've also found the more educated you are, the more research you've done and calmer you act, the less likely they are to try to blow you off. So we'll see.

Would anyone be able to post up the Mazda of America contact info in case this needs to be escalated as some others have done here? I may have gotten a deal but I have no patience for things not done right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Update: took car to dealer, rode with technician who heard and verified the noise. Long story short, they kept the car in the shop for two days and didn't fix anything. The tech said he checked all the suspension bushings and motor mounts and torque specs were good. Claimed he called Mazda and they never heard of this issue (off topic-- but why is it for any issue I bring a car in for service, regardless of what, it's always the FISRT time they ever heard of it?). Get the car back...and sure enough it's not making the noise, and I did notice when I brought it in the noise was much less noticeable than it had been for weeks. The only thing I can think of is we had been getting a lot of heavy rain prior--when the noise was most prevalent-- but there was no rain when I brought it in for service.

The tech stated he couldn't find anything wrong, so he said maybe it was from driving the car "too hard". Right. Rest assured I will bring it back if happened again, and if the "driving too hard" comes up again then I am going to ask them 'what's too hard? Define it, and put it in writing -- write down for me exactly how I need to drive the car to keep it from going "pop pop pop" when back out of a parking space, or pulling into a driveway.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.