Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just want to hear what have people been saying about these new mazda6, and what have people called your 6?
Today a guy in a Ferrari was alongside me staring at my front grill, i pulled up next to him and complimented hom on the car and he turns around and said "nice Mercedes, is that the new CLA?".... ;)

While the new 6 is a very high end elegant design, was he blind or just wasn't aware of what a Mercedes insignia looked like. Unless your badges are shaved. You did mention he was staring at your front grill. Kind of hard to miss the huge Mazda logo.

Still, that is pretty cool, especially from a Ferrari driver. My 2G has never been confused for a Mercedes.

I personally am not that crazy about the new CLA, and think the 6 has a far better design.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have had several people comment on it
first mistaken identity i got was someone who thought it was a Lexus from behind..
i also heard from a friend that another friend of ours drove by my house and asked him whos Jag was in my driveway..

then when i went out to dinner the other night we were seated in a spot where i could keep a close eye on my car..it was parked around the side with no other cars in the lot. A new white corvette pulls up a spot over and he gets out and eyef*cks my car for a good 3 minutes before walking in the restaurant

then my oxygen delivery man said he thought it was a hyundai from the back ..pshh

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wtf? Wrx are way faster, 2.5l turbo awd ftw. And look dope, and can't be sound of boxer engine

While the WRX is definitely a great performing car I am not a fan on the looks. The widebody definitely looks better but is way too fast and furious boy racer for me. Those WRX's have really weak 5 speed transmissions too that can't handle mods well without breaking. Its a fun car for someone that is younger that doesn't care about gas mileage. I'll stick with the 6. Looks great and gets 38mpg highway hell yeah! Wish it had a bit more pep though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
don't be offended if people mistaken your car for something cheap.

enjoy what you drive, and always remember, 98% of people don't know shit about cars, and couldn't correctly name them in a lineup.

I don't see how this remotely resembles a merc. which model?

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have had several people comment on it
first mistaken identity i got was someone who thought it was a Lexus from behind..
i also heard from a friend that another friend of ours drove by my house and asked him whos Jag was in my driveway..

then when i went out to dinner the other night we were seated in a spot where i could keep a close eye on my car..it was parked around the side with no other cars in the lot. A new white corvette pulls up a spot over and he gets out and eyef*cks my car for a good 3 minutes before walking in the restaurant

then my oxygen delivery man said he thought it was a hyundai from the back ..pshh

You better cover those dual exhaust pipes up, in case Corvette driver begins to stalk your 6. LMAO

·
Registered
142 Posts
lol, yeah but on a serious not when I see a Hyundai from miles away I race up to it thinking it's a freaking 6...that damn silver trim.

Watch for the samurai sword shape. Major distinction. Of course, may not be able to make it out from further away.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wtf? Wrx are way faster, 2.5l turbo awd ftw. And look dope, and can't be sound of boxer engine

While the WRX is definitely a great performing car I am not a fan on the looks. The widebody definitely looks better but is way too fast and furious boy racer for me. Those WRX's have really weak 5 speed transmissions too that can't handle mods well without breaking. Its a fun car for someone that is younger that doesn't care about gas mileage. I'll stick with the 6. Looks great and gets 38mpg highway hell yeah! Wish it had a bit more pep though.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the 2015 STI concept. Seems like Subaru may finally be waking up the design team. Big improvement. Just hope it stays true to the concept.

·
Registered
142 Posts
don't be offended if people mistaken your car for something cheap.

enjoy what you drive, and always remember, 98% of people don't know shit about cars, and couldn't correctly name them in a lineup.

I don't see how this remotely resembles a merc. which model?
New 2014 CLA, in which IMO, the 6 looks far more upscale and stylish.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yes..the new 6 and hyundais have a similar look with the chrome trim..gets me every time

I havent seen another 6 in my area yet but a friend sent me a pic of one he saw down the road

just washed my car and inspected it for any paint issues..the paint and clearcoat are in really nice shape. It pays to get a brand new car that didnt have any time to sit on a lot..no clay bar needed at all. I also treated the paint with Klasse all-in-one along with the wheels. I hadnt tried it before..only used wax in the past. Looked nice and shiny like a wax after application but the next day after it cured it looks like a glossy candy coating..so shiny! It also feels smooth as glass..i highly recomend sealing your new cars with a nice polymer (or at least a wax) while the paint is still in great condition.

·
Registered
248 Posts
yes..the new 6 and hyundais have a similar look with the chrome trim..gets me every time

I havent seen another 6 in my area yet but a friend sent me a pic of one he saw down the road

just washed my car and inspected it for any paint issues..the paint and clearcoat are in really nice shape. It pays to get a brand new car that didnt have any time to sit on a lot..no clay bar needed at all. I also treated the paint with Klasse all-in-one along with the wheels. I hadnt tried it before..only used wax in the past. Looked nice and shiny like a wax after application but the next day after it cured it looks like a glossy candy coating..so shiny! It also feels smooth as glass..i highly recomend sealing your new cars with a nice polymer (or at least a wax) while the paint is still in great condition.
Im planning on using Meguiars ULTIMATE Liquid Wax...thoughts?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been using uberwurx spray wax lately - seems little bit easier to apply. Although klasse all-in-one is very good too. Never tried meguiar waxes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
that ultimate wax looks pretty good as well..when im out of the klasse I will have to give it a try. I detailed and clayed my dads miata and am going to do my moms golf after this rain is over..with those 2 cars and my car im almost out of Klasse already.
The ability to apply it in the sun is a huge plus to me..ill have to try out that ultimate wax..finish looks fantastic on your cx-5

·
Registered
318 Posts
Washed it with Meguiar's Wash and Wax using a microber mitten, dried it up with some microfiber towels and went and applied the wax in full sun and just wiped it off for an incredible outcome. The box comes with a microfiber towel, applicator and the wax itself.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
16 Participants
bolt3
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing