Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to hear what have people been saying about these new mazda6, and what have people called your 6?
Today a guy in a Ferrari was alongside me staring at my front grill, i pulled up next to him and complimented hom on the car and he turns around and said "nice Mercedes, is that the new CLA?".... ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
First night I got my car (soul red GT) I was at the gas station. This guy lurking around the car asks me...what is that? "The new 2014 mazda6," I replied. "That's a really nice looking car!" He exclaimed. Meanwhile...he drives of in a BMW ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had someone ask me how I could afford a Benz lol. Definitely looks expensive, especially on those 19s.
Hahaha same here lol.. Im in the military and all my bros keep asking me did i get some secret raise or something.. Even my officers are starting to consider getting it too (not good at all, i wont be the only one on base with my 6)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Took the car in to get the windows tinted. When the owner of the shop took my car out once work was done he asked if he could take a picture of it. Said he has never seen this car and it looked very luxurious. Said that it looked like an Aston Martin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was parked in front of my barber shop today talking on my Bluetooth about to go in and get a haircut when I see my barber walk outside and start eyeing my car. I get out and wave to him and he goes "that car is sweet looking what is it a new Lexus or something?"

·
Registered
362 Posts
All in all, every brand associated with the mistaken identity are that of a luxury brand. Mazda knocked it out of the park with the design. I am a sucker for the way a car looks and unfortunately weigh that factor to a greater degree when compared to reliability. Lucky for me, so far this Mazda is more reliable than any of other cars that I've owned specifically the 350z and E90.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also had an E90, i'm much more happy in the 6... Doesnt need premium, insurance isnt a PITA, and i dont have to worry about losing an arm or a leg if something were to go wrong

·
Registered
362 Posts
Also had an E90, i'm much more happy in the 6... Doesnt need premium, insurance isnt a PITA, and i dont have to worry about losing an arm or a leg if something were to go wrong
Towards the end, what really pissed me off with the E90 was that I was spending $1000+ for every 1000 miles I was driving. It was insane, dropped $4K driving to and from work...

Water pump, coolant leaked, coil misfired, leaking oil panel, dead battery, HID busted...really??

But back to the thread, just read the other posting stating that the 3rd gen 6 is one of the top 3 finalists for the World Car Awards 2013. It's going against an Aston Martin and a Jag. I guess the tint guy was not that far off thinking the 6 looked like the Aston...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea.... I decided to get a vehicle that would be family comfortable... I dont want to be like a whole bunch of my friends who buy a car now, and later have to sell it becase they are having a kid... I have a boosted AP1 back in orlando, so i dont really need another premium drinker

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yea.... I decided to get a vehicle that would be family comfortable... I dont want to be like a whole bunch of my friends who buy a car now, and later have to sell it becase they are having a kid... I have a boosted AP1 back in orlando, so i dont really need another premium drinker
Nailed it. With my 3 months old kid and my wife not wanting to drive. I need a car that can take the family around and still be fun since I'll me driving majority if not all the time. Realistically I should be getting a minivan, but I just can't be driving that to work every day...I'll end up doing something foolish like buying a BR-Z as a daily, haha. The 6 is a good compromise.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My landlord looked at my car and said "Wow that's a Mazda?!" The rich prick was amazed at how nice it looked, then turned around and remarked on the brand name when it didn't have a BMW, Acura, etc brand on it. Haters, lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts