Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
A safe 20 wheel horsepower is possible through OVT. I do not know if modifications on your intake and exhaust is a good idea.

A responsive transmission is also possible. Take note that it doesn't add power, it's just that the default "delay" on the transmission as you depress the pedal is gone. Allegedly, it is more of "linear response".

·
Super Moderator
16,774 Posts
A simple OVTune will get your more low-end torque, so you'll feel it pulling harder to start, but you won't see any drastic changes until you start throwing some more money at it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Anyone have any ideas on how I can add horsepower and off the line jump to my 2014 Mazda 6
There are throttle controllers that may give you the feel you are looking for - basically they improve the response from the pedal being moved to the throttle being opened. You should be able to search the forum for people who have used them for the brand/costs.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I think they killed it when the factory turbo showed up; I was skeptical they'd ever be able to deliver it without some sort of ridiculously restrictive set of conditions on its use (e.g. use of 100 octane racing fuel or similar) to begin with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts