Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang

I have had this car for a couple of years now and want to slowly start addressing a few of my pet peeves with it. I noticed that there's a chrom-ish piece of trim that runs along the trunk of the car, and for some reason mine is loose on both ends (left & right).

I made a quick video to explain what I'm referring to: https://imgur.com/q6scZ2x

At first I thought it was normal, but then I happened to come across another Mazda6 parked next to me (isn't it awesome when this happens!??!?) a few weeks ago, and the other guys car didn't have this issue at all.

I tried to look for a replacement part, hoping that it would probably be cheaper to replace it, but I don't know what this piece is called so am having a hard time referencing it. Can you please help me with this?

Also, have other people noticed this thing being loose in their car? I'm not afraid that it'll fall off because it's got a decent hold for now, but it sort of tickles my OCD, especially since I have a 12" sub in the trunk and I know this thing rattles when I crank the sub.

Also, if you have experienced this with your car, are there any other solutions you can share ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up a '15 GT and the right side is flopping around like a fish out of water. The replacement part numbers for the '15 are:

GHK1-50-8E0C - Right Outer Moulding

GHK1-50-8F0C - Left Outer Moulding

Don't forget the retaining clips if needed ... D352-64-345

Should be the same for '14 models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts