Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Omaha!

I picked up a 2014 GT on Saturday and transferred my existing Sirius subscription over to it but can't for the life of me figure out how to activate it. The instructions from Sirius said to tune to channel 184 and have the signal refreshed (check) and then after five minutes tune to channel 2. That's where the problem is as I can't figure out how you manually tune to a station or directly enter it.

The tune knob only takes me to available channels which are 0, 110 and 184. None of the owners previous channels are available and they didn't save channel 2 as a preset. I'm hoping someone else has run into this or point me in the right direction as I feel like a potato in not being able to figure this out.

Thanks in advance and I've attached a picture because, well, it's a damn good looking car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mystery solved. I ended up calling Sirius (actually I text with them) and, unlike they're automated directions, you tune to channel zero and they refreshed the signal. 30 seconds later I was golden. Hopefully this will make the head unit a bit more palatable and bump it from a 3 to a 4 on a scale of 10.

If anyone has a nice aftermarket setup that has CarPlay and works with the Bose system please let me know. I don't care about subs, woofers, etc just a nice responsive interface that installs cleanly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Talon (always wanted a 90 Talon TSI awd!). In reading through the article it was obvious that I know nothing when it comes to audio in cars but I also read it that this was for 2016 and newer 6's. Mine is a early build 2014 with the dreaded Bose h/u. In a perfect world I'd only like to replace the h/u with a AA/CP compatible unit and retain steering wheel and commander switch functionality.
Any recommendations or links to a previous build of this sort?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts