Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

So I've been diving deep into the guts of my Mazda6 (named it Smudge like the from the meme, because you totally were going to ask) doing some various little personalizations to it. Recently, I removed the commander switch to clean out the buttons because something was spilled in there way before I bought the car.

Well... I got it all cleaned and put back together, but I noticed two things and didn't put the two together until after I dissected the switch a second time. I found a small black pin. Didn't know where it went, so I stored it away. My commander switch wouldn't move anything to the left or up on the display.

After looking at the inside of the commander switch, it is clear the black pin I had was part of the function of the switch. In the pictures I will attach, there are only three black pins. The two tht are missing are in the positions of where the commander switch would move up and left.

Unfortunately, I vacuumed my car today. If there was a chance of me finding them, it is long gone. I've tried searching for these pieces all day, but nothing came up online. I asked the dealership, and they don't know what I was talking about and suggested I buy a whole new switch (heck no!!)

If anyone could tell me what these pins are actually called, I would be so appreciative. If you could tell me where to get these, I would be ECSTATIC! If not, what could I possibly use instead of these plastic black pins?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,296 Posts
Unfortunately, I doubt you'll be able to get that exact part from anywhere, as the unit as sold as a single piece. The official part number (for the 2014 - 2016) is GKL1-66-CM0B and I see a few of them on eBay for around $200.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I believe those are simply there as push-rods, so maybe a friend with a 3D printer could help, or you could visit a junkyard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts