Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
These engines are designed to be fuel savers, and therefore it might get confused here and there when you go WOT out of nowhere.

Honestly, I always make it a point to be in tiptronic mode before going WOT because I know for a fact that it's going to give me power when I need it :) (That, and I desperately miss my MTX :( )
While I love the fuel savings, and am satisfued with the power the engine has (fuel economy is more important to me than BHP), I do miss my 6 speed manual transmition in my Mazda 3. I wish I could have gotten it in the 2014 Mz6 GT I now own. I loved the responsivness and control of the Manual on the Sport model; but I've moved on. Maybe, one day they will be another Manual in my future; but I'm not planning to get another car until this one hits at leaast 150K on the ODO. By then manual transmitions might well go the way fo the Dodo bird. Or be relegated to sports cars only.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was reading this very topic this morning in my local newspaper: Is this really the end of the stick shift? | Toronto Star. Basically they are starting to phase out the teaching of manuals to new drivers.

They'll have to pry the shifter out of my cold dead hands >:/

Not to rub it in, but I am sure glad I have the 2014 Mazda6 GT MTX (for some reason they offer it in Canada and not the US)
I too am jealous of your MTX and GT in Canada! We in the U.S. however made our choice collectivly by not buying or supporting manual transmitions when we could have. Now that manumatic gear boxes are more fuel efficent, and quicker accelerating we're stuck for the forseable future.
Some of these automatics are too clever for their own good (hence the issue with the OP).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.