Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
If yours was anything like mine... it is a very specific point you have to hit it. Like somewhere between 40 and 60MPH... take your foot off the gas and let the speed drop a little, then touch the gas up to a little below 3000RPMs.

Try it and see if it happens again, I wish I could give you exact numbers but I forget to take note on times I make it happen.

PS: I can only think of three times it happened and 2 of the times was me trying to explain the difference in the feel and engine noise in comparison to my 03 Taurus.
After reading VAHomeBrew81's post first time I intentionally tried the driving pattern he described to see if I could recreate it but could not.

My daily 9 mile commute is only in the 40-60 mph range and have the car for over 8 months now in which I would have done the "take foot off gas, let speed drop a little and press gas again" routine hundreds of times in the speed range and should have hit that problem if it were "Normal" across all M6s.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I experienced a version of this "acceleration delay" this weekend on I-95. I was driinvg for almost an hour steadily in the 60-70 mph range before this happened . To maintain a safe distance from thecar in front of me I was stepping on/off the gas pedal. At one point I lifted my foot off the gas as the car in front slowed. Mine did not slow down, kept going at same speed for about 6-8 seconds. In this interval the car infront sped up so I pressed on gas but the pedal felt 'limp' like you are driving on cruise contro and the car would not accelerate, it cruised at 65 mph for another 5 seconds in that 'limp' pedal condition and then started to slow down, 'life' returned back to the pedal, I was able to push it down and accelerate. Key here is DO NOT PANIC and hit the brakes otherwise you could be rear ended.

My gut feel is that the "intelligent" transmission system somehow turns on the crusie control software under the covers after a while of steady speed driving and when you take the foot off the gas it takes a few seconds for it to realize and come back to normal mode (non-cruise)

I tried recreating this on my remaining 300 mile I-95 drive but never happened again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.