Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I get something similar every now and again. It usually happens if I let off the gas seemingly at a specific time and then try to accelerate again. I think the computer may be on the cusp of deciding to shift up.

I could be wrong though as I'm in the same boat as you as I dont know much about engines.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks all for the replies!
It's been over a week and I haven't had that issue again. So what is the consensus, is this normal behavior or a concern?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
If yours was anything like mine... it is a very specific point you have to hit it. Like somewhere between 40 and 60MPH... take your foot off the gas and let the speed drop a little, then touch the gas up to a little below 3000RPMs.

Try it and see if it happens again, I wish I could give you exact numbers but I forget to take note on times I make it happen.

PS: I can only think of three times it happened and 2 of the times was me trying to explain the difference in the feel and engine noise in comparison to my 03 Taurus.

·
Registered
163 Posts
After reading VAHomeBrew81's post first time I intentionally tried the driving pattern he described to see if I could recreate it but could not.

My daily 9 mile commute is only in the 40-60 mph range and have the car for over 8 months now in which I would have done the "take foot off gas, let speed drop a little and press gas again" routine hundreds of times in the speed range and should have hit that problem if it were "Normal" across all M6s.
I just said try it, I do it all the time too. Like I said that's all I can think of because its how I drive.

Also like I said in a previous post, when it happened to me I noticed the needle hanging on the tach, the car behaves more like it wants to upshift(because of the step on the gas then release) but then because of the release falls back to a point where it would downshift rather than up, so it hangs instead.

Roughly 3ish times its happened and I only noticed the needle the last time, but I assume the last times may have been the same because of the feel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.