Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
A few days ago while reversing my car, my car shuddered, the traction control and check engine lights turn on, and the car went into limp mode. After restarting the car, I was able to drive the car normally though the check engine light stayed on. The next day, the check engine light turned off, I was able to drive normally. However, later that night, the warning lights turned on, the car went into limp mode (unable to accelerate), and while on a side street, when I turned on the high beams, the car totally died. Luckily, I was able to turn the car back on and everything seems normal.
Does anyone have an idea on what's going on? I'm about to change the battery but I'm not sure if that will solve the issue. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
A few days ago while reversing my car, my car shuddered, the traction control and check engine lights turn on, and the car went into limp mode. After restarting the car, I was able to drive the car normally though the check engine light stayed on. The next day, the check engine light turned off, I was able to drive normally. However, later that night, the warning lights turned on, the car went into limp mode (unable to accelerate), and while on a side street, when I turned on the high beams, the car totally died. Luckily, I was able to turn the car back on and everything seems normal.
Does anyone have an idea on what's going on? I'm about to change the battery but I'm not sure if that will solve the issue. Thank you.
Hi,
Were you able to get this fixed? I think this just happened to my 2014 Mazda 6.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Something similar happened to me a few years ago. The dealership told me they had to electronically clear a flag or the car would keep doing it. I don't know what they did, but it did not happen again after. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something similar happened to me a few years ago. The dealership told me they had to electronically clear a flag or the car would keep doing it. I don't know what they did, but it did not happen again after. I hope this helps!
I took it to the dealer since I still had warranty and they told me that they just cleaned the sensors. Not sure exactly what they meant but after they cleaned them and let the car idle, it’s back to normal. Hopefully it doesn’t happen again. The car was jerking while acceleration and stopping on each gear. Both traction control light and engine light were on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts