Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone-
I noticed the last time I changed my oil my service cover pop clips are about worn out and there is only 1 screw left on the front. Does anyone know what to search for or have a model number for the pop clips? Are they the same as the clips for the fender well because that's all I've been able to find? Also does anyone know what size of screw and washer is needed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The stealer has the clips and they're cheap; and you can also buy them on Spamazon and other similar places. There are two sizes that are all over the "6" trim underbody and fender liner panels. You can get 50 of them online for what a half-dozen will cost at the stealer....

While you're at it buy the little "pickle fork" tool to get them off; you're much more likely to remove them without damage using it than by using a screwdriver. Incidentally these eventually break anyway because dirt gets in them and prevents them from retracting properly; when I remove mine to do service I soak 'em in water and work them back and forth a bit to get the crud out of them, which helps extend their life. You can also use silicone spray on them -- but do not use any sort of non-silicone lubricant as that will attract dirt and make the problem much worse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stealer has the clips and they're cheap; and you can also buy them on Spamazon and other similar places. There are two sizes that are all over the "6" trim underbody and fender liner panels. You can get 50 of them online for what a half-dozen will cost at the stealer....

While you're at it buy the little "pickle fork" tool to get them off; you're much more likely to remove them without damage using it than by using a screwdriver. Incidentally these eventually break anyway because dirt gets in them and prevents them from retracting properly; when I remove mine to do service I soak 'em in water and work them back and forth a bit to get the crud out of them, which helps extend their life. You can also use silicone spray on them -- but do not use any sort of non-silicone lubricant as that will attract dirt and make the problem much worse.
Would one of these sizes be right? I bought the fork tool last time but my clip was already not looking very good.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Ginsco-102pcs-Fasteners-Expansion-Replacement/dp/B076BMVZ8R/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?keywords=mazda+6+undercar+shield+clips&qid=1563144303&s=gateway&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1[/ame]

Thanks for the advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
tickerguy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing