Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I just bought my next door neighbors one owner 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring in soul red with 83k miles. Car is pretty nice so far, I use it for my out of state vehicle as I daily drive a 2017 Corvette Z06 Manual.

Since I use this car to drive on out of state trips or trips to my local VA hospital I wanted a better headunit.

Ended up ordering one from amazon, Dasaita 9" android 8.0 with 4GB ram octocore, and supposedly it comes with the CANBUS option for my BOSE system that I need from reading the older threads, but still unsure on this working out of the box, I should get it before the end of this month.

Other things I would eventually like to fix but aren't as important is the body on the outside:
got a big scratch on passenger rear door area
the side skirt went over a curb or something on the passenger side so it is slightly pushed up.

I already fixed my MAF because of a CEL and dealer found it to be an aftermarket one, but dealer wanted $430 to replace it, so I bought an OEM MAF from amazon for $150 shipped to my house and replaced it myself in 2 seconds.

Also the rear bumper tow hook covers were missing and I also replaced those with the MAF.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thank you! Hoping to add and also gain some knowledge, this is my first Mazda and I'm pleasantly surprised.

I'll post some pics when I can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Few pictures of my cars, hopefully they work

My 2017 Corvette Z06 manual.

Picture of when I got the car, that needed the tow hook covers and I still need to think about what I want to do to the body scratches/dent.

Also pic of the Made in China aftermarket MAF that was giving me problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just noticed in my second Corvette picture, you can actually see it was my next door neighbors car! Now it's mine!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just noticed in my second Corvette picture, you can actually see it was my next door neighbors car! Now it's mine!
Selling a your car to the next door neighbor says a lot the about confidence people have in these cars, lol. Even if it won't be their primary car.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Mmmmmm Z06 in white :drool:

Definitely let us know how things go with the head unit, and if you have any questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far ordered an Android 9.0 headunit with the PX6 chip and 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. $390 shipped so lets see if I get charged any customs tax when I get it.

And I agree, usually I'm not one to go after the previous owner, to me a used car sale is AS IS always. I always explain that to every person involving buying/selling a car.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts