Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil change, etc was set at 5000 miles. I replaced the oem nav radio with a Pioneer 2300NEX.

How am I able to reset the oil change, etc without the factory radio? I only see tire rotation and air pressure in the guage menu.

I googled with no luck. I will buy a scan tool if need be, or one one those cheap obd2 dongles and download a app from the play store if that will work. I would like confirmation before I make any purchases.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I was on to something with my Innova 3150, but hit a dead end. At least I know I can see the engine/abs/see system codes.

I am going to order one of those cheap bluetooth obd readers and use the torque app to see if I can reset it.

Sigh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The reset is in the settings menu not on the OEM radio. I have replaced my OEM with an Excelon double DIN and I just reset mine.
I don't recall exactly where, but using the button on the left side of the steering wheel, navigate to settings and there should be a Maintenance entry in there.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reset is in the settings menu not on the OEM radio. I have replaced my OEM with an Excelon double DIN and I just reset mine.
I don't recall exactly where, but using the button on the left side of the steering wheel, navigate to settings and there should be a Maintenance entry in there.
Thank you.

I went back in the settings and did see that. I looked there before and it did not allow me to reset the oil change interval; just the tire rotation and check tire pressure.

However, this time, I saw that there was an option to turn the maintenance off, which I did. With a quick restart of the car, no more warnings, so it looks like that has solved my immediate issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
93blkongreenpro
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing