Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im just wondering if anyone has changed the bulb inside the Halo ring (or angel eyes, whatever it is called)

The problem is they aren't very bright at all. The DRL's completely out shine them. I want it to produce a much brighter output of light so that it becomes visible!

I honestly thought they weren't working until I looked closely, and realized they are ON. They just are too dim to be noticeable.

To make it clear, here is the picture of the DRL im talking about, see the ring in the center. It is stock 14 GT

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
According to the manual, those lights aren't serviceable separately as a part. Doesn't mean you CAN'T replace them, but Mazda doesn't seem to think it's easy. On top of that, I don't think any GT owners have had the guts to pull apart their expensive headlights just to find out they can't replace the bulb.

If you end up figuring some things out, be sure to come back and let us know!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just FYI for all,
This guy from mazda3rev took apart his headlight assembly and found that they are not actually a CCFL. It is just a piece of plastic with a LED at one end https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/780458-post51.html

He also retrofitted them with a real halo ring. I will to do it too, just not this year cz I cant afford to mess up something that goes for $2k a piece right now.

Mazda probably saved $1.50 a car but killed the aesthetics.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just FYI for all,
This guy from mazda3rev took apart his headlight assembly and found that they are not actually a CCFL. It is just a piece of plastic with a LED at one end https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/780458-post51.html

He also retrofitted them with a real halo ring. I will to do it too, just not this year cz I cant afford to mess up something that goes for $2k a piece right now.

Mazda probably saved $1.50 a car but killed the aesthetics.

Be careful with the headlights. Mine were permasealed. I gave up after baking them 3 times in fear of really messing something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful with the headlights. Mine were permasealed. I gave up after baking them 3 times in fear of really messing something up.

How long did u heat and at what temp? People on the Mazda3 forum have opened them up using the oven method.

·
Registered
492 Posts
How long did u heat and at what temp? People on the Mazda3 forum have opened them up using the oven method.

I don’t 100% correctly off hand but something like 275 for 30 minutes. The edges started to melt a bit and after that .. I just gave up. It wasnt budging at all.

I think the years before 2015 did not have perma-shit stuff.

I’ve done at least 15 motorcycle retro fits and 5 cars and this current mazda wasn’t coming apart. I think retrofitsource released a special liquid that attacks the permaseal and makes it dissolve, I just haven’t bought it yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
calcaneous
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing