Mazda 6 Forums banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts
Discussion starter · #141 ·
Have read through your review, and just wanted to drop you a note to say it made me happy to know that it is still such a positive experience after the miles you have put on it. Just got my 17 soul red yesterday, and really enjoy the car. I usually keep a car for 2-3 years max, the exceptions in that past have been Miatas and Jaguars - if that sounds snooty, I bought the Jags used and cheap, and had great luck with them. - Although there was always a bit of worry about reliability. With this car and with the experience with Miatas I truly feel the quality and reliability will be great, and it drives well for a good size sedan with a 4 cylinder. And the design - have really loved the looks of it since this generation arrived. Thanks again for the write up - keep piling the miles on and let us know how it goes!
Nice review!
Thanks guys!

That's why I put it here - in case anyone had the patience to read all my rambling haha.

I've been planning on updating this as soon as I hit 100k (which is quite soon). Stay tuned!

Discussion starter · #144 ·
Ooo, question for you. Based on all of the mods done to you car, what do you think was the best modifications done? If you can pick only one, that is.
So far? Upgraded rims/tires. The wider setup and more performance-oriented tires add a wonderful amount of grip to the car without adding too much drag (maybe 0.5mpg). The Nurbies are also much lighter than OEM (I think 9 - 12lbs each), so that probably gains me back that 0.5mpgs.

Combine that with the aesthetic upgrade they give and I'm sold!

Have to say, the Bilstein B8s are pretty great so far too. Sounds like my rears are starting to show their age as well, so I might be replacing them soon too - definitely going B8s all around.

So far? Upgraded rims/tires. The wider setup and more performance-oriented tires add a wonderful amount of grip to the car without adding too much drag (maybe 0.5mpg). The Nurbies are also much lighter than OEM (I think 9 - 12lbs each), so that probably gains me back that 0.5mpgs.

Combine that with the aesthetic upgrade they give and I'm sold!

Have to say, the Bilstein B8s are pretty great so far too. Sounds like my rears are starting to show their age as well, so I might be replacing them soon too - definitely going B8s all around.
Thanks! I went slightly wider on mine and my TPMS sensor keeps tripping...the tire guys can't figure it out either. I've been searching for B8s and can't find the rears unless I'm looking wrong. Did you pair it with any lowering springs right now or is it still on the stock springs?

Discussion starter · #146 · (Edited)
Thanks! I went slightly wider on mine and my TPMS sensor keeps tripping...the tire guys can't figure it out either. I've been searching for B8s and can't find the rears unless I'm looking wrong. Did you pair it with any lowering springs right now or is it still on the stock springs?
If you got the TPMS updated (mandatory from govt and stealerships will do it automatically if you bring it there), then that could be causing it.

I didn't catch my place doing it last time they had it in there for an inspection - my stupid TPMS light goes off for a solid 3 weeks every time I swap from winter tires to summer or back. It didn't do this out of the factory, only after the update. I just carry a tire pressure gauge in the car at all times and check it regularly.

No springs for me - had thought about it and even purchased them at one point, but realized how terrible the roads are around here and that I actually liked my current setup more because it's perfectly symmetrical around the whole wheel well.

TireRack has B8s for about $100 a pop - https://www.tirerack.com/suspension..._kwcid=AL!3756!3!76743398893!!!g!130303973053!

Which, like clockwork, my rear passenger side definitely just busted the other day lol.

If you got the TPMS updated (mandatory from govt and stealerships will do it automatically if you bring it there), then that could be causing it.

I didn't catch my place doing it last time they had it in there for an inspection - my stupid TPMS light goes off for a solid 3 weeks every time I swap from winter tires to summer or back. It didn't do this out of the factory, only after the update. I just carry a tire pressure gauge in the car at all times and check it regularly.

No springs for me - had thought about it and even purchased them at one point, but realized how terrible the roads are around here and that I actually liked my current setup more because it's perfectly symmetrical around the whole wheel well.

TireRack has B8s for about $100 a pop - https://www.tirerack.com/suspension..._kwcid=AL!3756!3!76743398893!!!g!130303973053!

Which, like clockwork, my rear passenger side definitely just busted the other day lol.
That would explain the TPMS sensor, yes, that's exactly what happened. Yeah, I do the same with the tire pressure gauge in the car, ha. Mine never goes off tho, I just leave it on now as I only have 1 set of tires.

Thanks for the link!

141 - 147 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.