Mazda 6 Forums banner

2014 6 AC Issues

11K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Wessel 
#1 ·
I have had my 2014 6 for just over 2 months. It is a Sport Automatic. When I use the AC on long trips water drips on to the top portion of the front passenger side floor mat. I have all weather mats luckily so this is easy to see. Has anyone else had this issue? The dealer is perplexed and each time I have dropped it off the problem has not been fixed. They say they have called the Mazda "tech line" but they have no info as well. Frustrating to say the least.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, sorry to have you join on 2014 issues.

I have not heard of this problem before, but clearly condensation is gathering somewhere that it shouldn't be, most likely from a leak in a hose or vent.

How fast is the drip? Also, that area is fairly easy to open up and take a gander yourself, just be careful of some of those plastic clips holding things in.

The glove box comes off rather easily, and after that you've got a pretty nice view of the inner workings under your dash - hopefully you can spot something while the AC is on.

Luckily you have a warranty and they HAVE to fix it if it keeps happening. :)

#3 ·
The drip is very erratic and it seems to drip quickly for a minute or two and then it stops. It only happens if I drive the car for more than 2-3 hours at a time. I will be going back to the dealer tomorrow.

Other than this issue I am very happy with the car.

#4 ·
I'm not an expert by any means, but it seems there mike be an issue with the reservoir that holds the condensation. Again, this is just a guess. I'd definitely do what Byakuya suggests, especially if the dealer is no help. Keep us posted on this issue, I'd like to know how to fix it if the situation arises for any if us.

#5 ·
A/C Update

So I took my car to the dealer after a long trip and I showed them the leak in action. They actually saw the water drip onto my passenger side floor mat. They kept the car overnight and I was optimistic a fix would happen. No such luck. The service manager said this was NORMAL. I just laughed at him and asked him to give me the contact information for the disctrict service manager for Mazda. They would not give me his number but I got his email.

I shot him an email explaining my AC issues and the dealer not seeming to care about the problem. He called me back and was none to happy. He told me the problem would be fixed and told me to take it to another dealer not to far away. SO at least I have found someone that cares.

#6 ·
So I took my car to the dealer after a long trip and I showed them the leak in action. They actually saw the water drip onto my passenger side floor mat. They kept the car overnight and I was optimistic a fix would happen. No such luck. The service manager said this was NORMAL. I just laughed at him and asked him to give me the contact information for the disctrict service manager for Mazda. They would not give me his number but I got his email.

I shot him an email explaining my AC issues and the dealer not seeming to care about the problem. He called me back and was none to happy. He told me the problem would be fixed and told me to take it to another dealer not to far away. SO at least I have found someone that cares.
It's not just normal it's a feature. When on long trips the car knows you might get thirsty so it starts dispensing fresh cold water. What's not to like about that? :rolleyes:

I hope the new dealer is able to fix it for you. Things like that are why I loathe to take cars in for repairs or minor maintenance.

#12 ·
I just starting have a similar problem this morning, But my issue comes from no AC use for a couple weeks now... I got into my car this morning and there was water on my all weather floor mats, I couldn't think of how that would happen, I cleaned it up and started off to work. On the way the dash would make a gargalling noise and spit some more out of the passenger side dash...
It was duey out this morning, so the car was covered in water but the AC wasn't or hasn't been on.
I am calling the Mazda dealer when they open today to talk about it...

#13 ·
Let me know if they have any words of wisdom. The 2nd dealer I went to was not able to diagnose the problem either. Now that AC season is coming to a close due to cooler weather the problem is unlikely to surface again until summer. At least I have documented the problem with mazda so it will get fixed at some point hopefully.

#15 ·
I contacted corporate and all they did was call the dealer and gave me a case number. I also contacted the district service manager for Mazda for the Southeast US and he is looking into it for me. I don't know what else to do. I have to work for a living just the like the rest of us do. The car has already been to the dealer three times for a total of 4 days and they all say we can't duplicate the problem.

#17 ·
Originally Posted by arktctr
Hello,

I am not a regular on this forum (obviously) so this is the reason for my late reply. I looked up my service invoice from this visit and this is the exact language I found:

"CLIENT STATES WATER ON PASS FLOOR
a/c drain water hose not working properly is leaking

it need to replace ok ref n'827344
U0606 ARX DRAIN HOSE, R&R 0.2
no water no more ok.

There is also a mention of a CLAMP,COOL (BBM4-61-J07) that was replaced under warranty as well.

Hope this helps anyone else who may have this issue. Mine has been perfect ever since."

Thanks to "arktctr" over on the Mazda24-7 forum for making his invoice info available to help others here with the same issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.