Mazda 6 Forums banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Right I get that just was going off what he had called it. Anyway can I just put my speakers in and have mid to upper frequency response?
No, cause they arent 3.5", they are 2.5-2.75, so the new Kicker KS wide bands will fit, but the Bose amp wants 2ohm speakers, not 4ohm. What is your main source unit for music?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Twiddler is not a word, but there is a 2.5" mid and a 1" tweet in the 6.
I thought it was a spelling mistake for tweeter. The dictionary defines it as, "someone who manipulates in a nervous or unconscious manner." The same thing with Google search. So, what is it?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I thought it was a spelling mistake for tweeter. The dictionary defines it as, "someone who manipulates in a nervous or unconscious manner." The same thing with Google search. So, what is it?
Well, i meant its not a word for a speaker. People incorrectly call smaller mid range that, cause they usually play up to 12k-16k in the range where a tweeter would play, and depending on the speaker would eliminate the need for a tweeter. So tweet/mid and no clue why "ler" was added.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Well, i meant its not a word for a speaker. People incorrectly call smaller mid range that, cause they usually play up to 12k-16k in the range where a tweeter would play, and depending on the speaker would eliminate the need for a tweeter. So tweet/mid and no clue why "ler" was added.
Thanks! I added "audio" and it didn't give any good results.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Front Left Channel - Black and White
Front Right Channel - Red and Green
Rear Left Channel - Pink and Light Green
Rear Right Channel - Grey and Blue
So on my '17 these are all the same color for both front and rear, i almost thought they were USB wires since they follow a white, red, green, black format. Im looking for a summed rear signal with pos from one side and neg from the other. Ill report back when i verify that the positions of the wires are correct and what color they are. The other two harnesses look to be exactly alike. I also found where this plug gets its source from the passenger foot well along with the 4 random wires on the big green plug that arent speaker outputs. It would be REALLY nice if we could find a source for the male side of these plugs, cause id love a factory look for my install lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for this post! Using it as a reference, I was able to successfully install a JBL BassPro SL2 under the driver's seat of my 2021 Mazda 6 Carbon Edition. To make it fit I did have to cut a little of the plastic off the end of the air vent under the driver's seat, but the sub could have also gone in the trunk.
  • Tapped the Rear Left (Pink/Green) and Rear Right (Grey/Blue) speaker lines on the Bose amplifier under the passenger seat
  • Spliced those lines into a twisted paid RCA cable, which connected to the RCA line-in on the JBL
  • Used an Add-A-Fuse (with two 7.5a fuses) on fuse #10 - POWER MIRROR for the remote power line on the JBL
  • Pushed the power line through the wiring harness boot under the dash and tapped the positive battery
  • Grounded the JBL on the driver's side B-pillar

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you be a bit more specific cause the audio system is always on. Maybe its a timed circuit or the motor has to be running? I dont remember trying to adjust my mirrors with the car off.
If my car is off and I hit the start button (without starting the engine) the radio comes on, I can adjust my mirrors, open my windows, and the powered sub turns on.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
So, i can without a doubt confirm the bluetooth module is built into the CMU circuit board. There is no separate unit like multiple forums or eBay searches tell you. And no, its not hackable/upgradeable :(

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
@oblivioncth can you do me (and many others) a fave? Look behind your passenger kick and see if you see this plug, itll be hanging out by itself on a bracket that may or may not be attached to the TAU (i cant remember but its not important). If so. we may have a factory solution for a custom T harness to allow RCA integration into the car and have it completely reversible for those who want it. Or for lessee's who want an aftermarket sub without hacking the car. It will have the same wires that are on plug 0920-515A along with the (i think) the 4 non speaker output wires from the green harness. I dont know what those lead to, but this plug goes between the amp and the TAU but is obviously terminated on both ends and then taped into the harness.

Now keep in mind, i said on the 3, the wires are (two sets of) USB standard red, white, green and black instead of the Black and White, Red and Green, Pink and Light Green, Grey and Blue like your 6 has.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
If my car is off and I hit the start button (without starting the engine) the radio comes on, I can adjust my mirrors, open my windows, and the powered sub turns on.
Well, i can confirm this, i guess maybe i had somehow not gotten it seated or inbetween ports or something, but it works fine now. Thanks.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts