Mazda 6 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts
Right I get that just was going off what he had called it. Anyway can I just put my speakers in and have mid to upper frequency response?
No, cause they arent 3.5", they are 2.5-2.75, so the new Kicker KS wide bands will fit, but the Bose amp wants 2ohm speakers, not 4ohm. What is your main source unit for music?

I thought it was a spelling mistake for tweeter. The dictionary defines it as, "someone who manipulates in a nervous or unconscious manner." The same thing with Google search. So, what is it?
Well, i meant its not a word for a speaker. People incorrectly call smaller mid range that, cause they usually play up to 12k-16k in the range where a tweeter would play, and depending on the speaker would eliminate the need for a tweeter. So tweet/mid and no clue why "ler" was added.

Well, i meant its not a word for a speaker. People incorrectly call smaller mid range that, cause they usually play up to 12k-16k in the range where a tweeter would play, and depending on the speaker would eliminate the need for a tweeter. So tweet/mid and no clue why "ler" was added.
Thanks! I added "audio" and it didn't give any good results.

Front Left Channel - Black and White
Front Right Channel - Red and Green
Rear Left Channel - Pink and Light Green
Rear Right Channel - Grey and Blue
So on my '17 these are all the same color for both front and rear, i almost thought they were USB wires since they follow a white, red, green, black format. Im looking for a summed rear signal with pos from one side and neg from the other. Ill report back when i verify that the positions of the wires are correct and what color they are. The other two harnesses look to be exactly alike. I also found where this plug gets its source from the passenger foot well along with the 4 random wires on the big green plug that arent speaker outputs. It would be REALLY nice if we could find a source for the male side of these plugs, cause id love a factory look for my install lol.

Thank you for this post! Using it as a reference, I was able to successfully install a JBL BassPro SL2 under the driver's seat of my 2021 Mazda 6 Carbon Edition. To make it fit I did have to cut a little of the plastic off the end of the air vent under the driver's seat, but the sub could have also gone in the trunk.
  • Tapped the Rear Left (Pink/Green) and Rear Right (Grey/Blue) speaker lines on the Bose amplifier under the passenger seat
  • Spliced those lines into a twisted paid RCA cable, which connected to the RCA line-in on the JBL
  • Used an Add-A-Fuse (with two 7.5a fuses) on fuse #10 - POWER MIRROR for the remote power line on the JBL
  • Pushed the power line through the wiring harness boot under the dash and tapped the positive battery
  • Grounded the JBL on the driver's side B-pillar

Used an Add-A-Fuse (with two 7.5a fuses) on fuse #10 - POWER MIRROR for the remote power line on the JBL
I was thinking of using this too, but on my 3 it didnt seem to be powered without the car running, couldnt test with it running though, is that what you find?

It is running in my 6 as long as the radio is on.
Can you be a bit more specific cause the audio system is always on. Maybe its a timed circuit or the motor has to be running? I dont remember trying to adjust my mirrors with the car off.

Can you be a bit more specific cause the audio system is always on. Maybe its a timed circuit or the motor has to be running? I dont remember trying to adjust my mirrors with the car off.
If my car is off and I hit the start button (without starting the engine) the radio comes on, I can adjust my mirrors, open my windows, and the powered sub turns on.

So, i can without a doubt confirm the bluetooth module is built into the CMU circuit board. There is no separate unit like multiple forums or eBay searches tell you. And no, its not hackable/upgradeable :(

@oblivioncth can you do me (and many others) a fave? Look behind your passenger kick and see if you see this plug, itll be hanging out by itself on a bracket that may or may not be attached to the TAU (i cant remember but its not important). If so. we may have a factory solution for a custom T harness to allow RCA integration into the car and have it completely reversible for those who want it. Or for lessee's who want an aftermarket sub without hacking the car. It will have the same wires that are on plug 0920-515A along with the (i think) the 4 non speaker output wires from the green harness. I dont know what those lead to, but this plug goes between the amp and the TAU but is obviously terminated on both ends and then taped into the harness.

Now keep in mind, i said on the 3, the wires are (two sets of) USB standard red, white, green and black instead of the Black and White, Red and Green, Pink and Light Green, Grey and Blue like your 6 has.

If my car is off and I hit the start button (without starting the engine) the radio comes on, I can adjust my mirrors, open my windows, and the powered sub turns on.
Well, i can confirm this, i guess maybe i had somehow not gotten it seated or inbetween ports or something, but it works fine now. Thanks.

So, despite the color difference, the wiring is the same on the 0920-515A plug for the 2017 3.

Hello Friends, thank you for all the hard work getting all this sorted out. I get most of it but just need some final tips.

I am setting up a 2 amp system and removing the Mazda amp.

4 channel Alpine F300 and mono JL Audio JX500 amps.

Please give me some clarity on how to connect the low level HU output -> RCA ends -> Amps.

For 4 channel amp, there are 4 RCA female slots (two white, two red). I'm a bit confused about which of the 8 speaker wires to splice into the 4 RCA Male ends so I can connect to amp. I don't think F300 amp takes differential(?) input.

And for JX500 mono amp which wires are best to connect that RCA? Of the 8 wires which would I use for mono amp?

Thank you so much, any tips are appreciated.

Hello Friends, thank you for all the hard work getting all this sorted out. I get most of it but just need some final tips.

I am setting up a 2 amp system and removing the Mazda amp.

4 channel Alpine F300 and mono JL Audio JX500 amps.

Please give me some clarity on how to connect the low level HU output -> RCA ends -> Amps.

For 4 channel amp, there are 4 RCA female slots (two white, two red). I'm a bit confused about which of the 8 speaker wires to splice into the 4 RCA Male ends so I can connect to amp. I don't think F300 amp takes differential(?) input.

And for JX500 mono amp which wires are best to connect that RCA? Of the 8 wires which would I use for mono amp?

Thank you so much, any tips are appreciated.
You dont connect speaker wires to the RCAs, just wires from plug 0920-515A. As for the Alpine, it depends on what speakers youre using and how you intend on hooking them up.

Hello all,

After going through this I would like to see if you guys can see if I’ve made any mistakes before I start slashing and chopping.
I will be installing a sub in the boot of the car so I’ll be using a mono amplifier just for a sub not a full system.

I’ll be using 0920-515A plug to connect the RCA’s using:
1M for the Front right positive
1N for the Front right negative
1O for the Front left positive
1P for the Front left negative

For the remote cable I can work out what I use.

0920-515B
2D
ACC mode power on

Or

0920-515C
3A
Constant 12V

Or something completely different

Any information or corrections to what I’m doing would be great.

Cheers

0920-515B
2D
ACC mode power on
This is what i used.

The C plug i used to power the amp temporarily and even though it has a 40A on board fuse and im using a 30A under the hood, ive seen zero issues and im pushing the amp pretty hard with the factory 2ohm speakers.

You can used the rear K,L,I,J wires so you can use the fader as a "bass knob" if your amp doesnt have one.

Hi all.
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having some trouble finding some related information. Sorry if I missed it in the several pages of discussion.

• Does anyone have the part number for the harness that goes from the TAU to the Bose amp? I'd like to get a spare harness for my '18 6 GTR so that I can cut the wires and run the necessary ones to my DSP. I can find both of those units on various parts sites, but not the harness. My local dealer thought it might be the whole dash harness, which wouldn't be cost effective.
  • If nobody knows the harness part number, or it is the full dash harness, can anyone tell me the type of connectors on the Bose amp? I see the Mazda connector IDs in the OP, but I'm assuming they are standardized connectors I can order from an electronics supplier to build my own harness. The only other option I can think of is if I can find a Bose amp cheap from junk yard and tear it apart for the plugs.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.