Mazda 6 Forums banner
101 - 101 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Have you test driven the '14 Mazda 6 yet? If not you may be surprised with it's power for a 4 cyl. It's hp & torque specs may be misleading on paper. Not sure if it's due to the 2.5 litre, skyactive, high compression ratio (13:1 I believe, with 8:1 being the old norm for 4 cyl?), lighter weight vs other midsize sedans, etc, but it has very nice pep & acceleration at all speeds. That combined with it's crisp handling, clean & elegant interior, unique & eye catching exterior, and impressive mpg made it a winner for me. You can also add a cold air intake to boost hp by about 8 & mpg by 1-2 according to what I've read. I am debating that since I don't personally find myself wishing I had more power, and if there's even a chance my dealer would make warranty repairs a hassle with this modification, it just isn't worth it for me to try tinkering with what I am very satisfied with. You may want more power but definitely drive one to make the best choice for you.

101 - 101 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.