Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Unsure how the Accord compares on long drives but I thoroughly enjoyed driving the 6 1000 miles last weekend. I went up I5 and it gave me all the power that I needed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The 6 also has that high pitched humming electronic noise when it's off. And that noise will be there from 1 minute to 10 minutes, I thought it was weird, but thinking it's probably normal....Is it normal? Should I ask the dealership?

The Fusion does have build quality issues, I inspected two Fusions parked near my work today, and both have door misalignment issues. On one of them the door sank so much that it actually bent the bottom corner of the door a tiny bit....really glad I passed on the Fusion and picked the 6 instead.
The noise is normal. I had that with my BMW E90. It's annoying but it's not like I'm sitting in the garage listening to it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Better is really in the eyes of the beholder. I say, get what you're looking for in a car in line in terms of priority and based on that test drive each cars that meets said criteria. I want a BMW that's as reliable as a Toyota while priced as a Honda that drives as fun as a Mazda, not going to happen.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's great to know that there are no clear winners. This makes both companies take it a step further on their next releases. Take a look at Toyota with their Camry...they're way too automated with their Camry releases due people flocking to buy their cars just because. They don't even try and their latest release is more than what words can say. The design team probably mailed in the design from last year's runner up and just went with the flow.

Mazda tried real hard for this release and so did Honda on their Accord. Good to know that my top 2 choices when deciding on the right car for me were also the same cars that professional reviewers are also having a hard time deciding between.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That is actually a good read and although I might sound biased due to the car that I ended up choosing amongst the competitors, it's spot on.

Mazda 6 = Better exterior, interior and performance/handling. You lose out on MPG and space against the Altima BUT those 2 factors are actually a nice compromise, at least for me. I came from a 23-24MPG combined to a 30-31MPG combined and a usable trunk space with 60/40 fold down = win.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.