Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I find it startling that the Accord out handled the Mazda6 and stopped quicker too. Mazda bench marked Audi and BMW when tuning the chassis. How on Earth did it get out handled?
I agree with another poster's suspicion that they are using the same test results as from their recent drive of the GT Auto and the Sport Manual (here). Although they are focusing on the GT now, the 6 Sport, with the 17" wheels and different tires, easily matched the handling and braking of the Accord. I suspect the Dunlops on the 19s were probably chosen to be comfortable despite the large wheel size.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It is the Accord: Midsize Madness - Day Five - Automobile Magazine

No surprise, although I enjoyed this quote:
The Mazda 6 came a close second to the Accord in our deliberations, not the least because it's the kind of car that speaks to our personal priorities at Automobile Magazine.
Yet the 2013 Honda Accord prevails with us because we think it's the right car for almost everyone, not just us. This is an unlikely gesture of public-spiritedness on our part, but it's rare that you encounter a car like the Accord that you can unequivocally recommend to everybody. And we mean everybody.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.