Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cool article. It's a real shame they couldn't get the Fusion though, since I'm primarily interested in the Fusion vs the 6.

I'm really impressed at how Mazda has essentially caught up with the Honda Accord, though. I remember when buying my 04 6 back in 2005 that Mazda was still a generation behind Honda when it came to a lot of things, especially the engine. (Although the 7th generation American Accords were hideous to behold.)

I'm surprised the 6 finished last in braking distance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I find it startling that the Accord out handled the Mazda6 and stopped quicker too. Mazda bench marked Audi and BMW when tuning the chassis. How on Earth did it get out handled?
That surprised me, too. My only guess is that they tuned the American 6 to be a bit softer and American market friendly compared to the European 6. Just enough to give the over-achieving Honda an edge.

I find it hard to believe Ford could not find 1 Fusion SE to give to MT for the test. I think they didn't want to do it.
Probably, but I don't understand why, really. Everything I've read is that the Fusion is a great handler. There are only three things that would probably hurt it: Poor fuel economy, low back seat room, and a relatively unsophisticated auto transmission when compared to the Accord / 6.

Perhaps I answered my own question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.