Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the drivers seat on my 2013 Mazda 6 has malfunctioned, it will only move backwards and forwards on one side meaning that the seat is left at an angle. I've read that there is a power seat cable fix for this but I've been told that the part, TK81880D1 will not fit my car. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
789 Posts
Both GHL2-88-0D1 and TK81-88-0D1 come up as LHD

I'd give your local Mazda dealer a ring as these are only about 20 quid

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Raymond, I contacted Romford Mazda and I've ordered two power seat cables, one for each seat, they cost £10.25 each inc. VAT. They said they could fit them at an additional cost of £159.00 per seat, which I declined! They are universal, there is no left hand/right hand cable (TK81-88-0D1). This seems like a common problem as the cars get older and the driver gets heavier, but it seems like a cheap easy fix if you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You're welcome. I've seen the how to somewhere. I'll have a look and see if I can find it. It's not a difficult/bad job but you need to take out the seat. I'm pretty sure it can be done by just unbolting the seat and lay it back towards the rear seats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're welcome. I've seen the how to somewhere. I'll have a look and see if I can find it. It's not a difficult/bad job but you need to take out the seat. I'm pretty sure it can be done by just unbolting the seat and lay it back towards the rear seats.
There is an American YouTube post for a CX5 that is really helpful, that's how I got started on this quest. I might add disconnect the battery to stop the side airbags deploying.....
ps. Nice Ass =)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yeah, it's not a bad job to do at all. Bit bloody cold outside atm tho. I'd not move the seat until the temps pick up a bit

ps. that's other half's not mine :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it's not a bad job to do at all. Bit bloody cold outside atm tho. I'd not move the seat until the temps pick up a bit

ps. that's other half's not mine :rolleyes:
I make you right about the temperature, it's still usable so there's no rush.🥶

ps. Send my regards to your wife 😉

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Tried to fix this issue yesterday but failed. I couldn't remove the offside rear seat bolt because the seat is over the bolt and that side won't move, so I had to work blind. I managed to remove the old cable and insert the new one but the problem still persists. From what I can see the seat motor has a small cable coming out to the offside part of the seat and this is the cable that is not moving the seat. I don't know if I can manually move the seat forward with a tool {preferably not a large hammer!) so I can access the last seat bolt and remove the seat for a closer inspection. I don't want to take it to Mazda as they wanted £160 per seat just to replace the cable. Any suggestions are welcome...🔧🔨🔦💣

1 - 13 of 13 Posts