Mazda 6 Forums banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Work Emotion CR Ultimate "Kiwami"

Thoughts on this setup? Like the look, but not at the expense of rubbing. Page 2 of this thread has a warning, however it didn't exclusively say it couldn't be done. I have been doing a lot of research and everything seems to fit. I thought I would ask the questions because I'm starting to become blinded by the itch to place the order. The Work Emotion CR Ultimate "Kiwami" wheels I'm looking at can't be returned.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thoughts on this setup? Like the look, but not at the expense of rubbing. Page 2 of this thread has a warning, however it didn't exclusively say it couldn't be done. I have been doing a lot of research and everything seems to fit. I thought I would ask the questions because I'm starting to become blinded by the itch to place the order. The Work Emotion CR Ultimate "Kiwami" wheels I'm looking at can't be returned.
Woah that setup would look killer! Pretty ballsy with a 265 though, the widest I've heard fitted was a 10" wide style 95 bmw wheel but that 6 is slammed. Are you on stock suspension?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
If you don't want to rub you need to go narrower on the tire. You will need to roll the rear. You will have serious poke up front too, but judging from your picture of that stance dude maybe that's what you want?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea, stock for now. I looked into getting bags first, then the sticker shock hit me when I received the quote. To do everything totally legit and with the newest bag tech would be $5-6k. Not sure that makes sense on a 30K car, but it would be amazing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The pic for my avatar is running on 19x11.5 and the wheel actually rest outside the fender with the tire stretched. I'd be okay with rolling the wheel a little however I'd like the wheel to fit flush or inside the fender.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yea, stock for now. I looked into getting bags first, then the sticker shock hit me when I received the quote. To do everything totally legit and with the newest bag tech would be $5-6k. Not sure that makes sense on a 30K car, but it would be amazing.
Static would be cool. This is the 6 I was talking about. 19x10 on the stock 225/45/19 Dunlops. He's on 120mm springs, I think, on a stock height shock BC Coilover. He says he rubs on 3/4ths full lock though, not something I would be willing to sacrifice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just wondering if anyone is running 235-50-19's I'm looking for taller but they don't make 225-50's they are 4.74% larger in diameter 1.74% larger then the 3% recommended max range but I think they are doable, any body agree.

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
just wondering if anyone is running 235-50-19's I'm looking for taller but they don't make 225-50's they are 4.74% larger in diameter 1.74% larger then the 3% recommended max range but I think they are doable, any body agree.
A lot of people have gone to a taller 245/40r20 without issue, but that is still 15mm smaller in diameter than your proposed 235/50r19. What is your reasoning for wanting such a tall tire?

·
Registered
7 Posts
pothole on the new jersey turnpike, my tax dollars at work, in the worst possible spot, on an off ramp that merges into another off ramp, so your looking in your side view to merge and pow. I'm still in disbelief that I got two blowouts as if one wasn't bad enough, 2 really screws you being you only have one donut and it really didn't even feel worthy of a blowout, this is not the first time, it happened a few months ago, which just didn't feel bad enough to blowout. I really believe these dunlops are absolute garbage and just not enough meat and I never in my life seen tires shred like this, the two beads on each tire completely separated from the top of the tires just unnatural to me

·
Registered
488 Posts
Static would be cool. This is the 6 I was talking about. 19x10 on the stock 225/45/19 Dunlops. He's on 120mm springs, I think, on a stock height shock BC Coilover. He says he rubs on 3/4ths full lock though, not something I would be willing to sacrifice.

That looks exactly like mine did a couple years ago!

Even with a MAJOR roll and pull, they rubbed with anything more than 1 person sitting in the car. Worst of all, they rubbed fender to RIM. So after having to cram 4 extra bodies into my car for a short trip to the market, the rim of the rear wheels were shredded. You definitely need camber arms in the rear and camber plates up front, maxed negative, to run these wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Also, the problem with rolling the front fenders, on our cars, is that anything more than a flat roll will pull the front edge of the fender away from the bumper mounting bracket... so it sort of butterflies outward and destroys the flat oem look of the fender/bumper fitment.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Also, the problem with rolling the front fenders, on our cars, is that anything more than a flat roll will pull the front edge of the fender away from the bumper mounting bracket... so it sort of butterflies outward and destroys the flat oem look of the fender/bumper fitment.
Any tips for rolling the rear fenders? I'm gonna roll mine soon.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Go to harbor freight and pick up two cheapie heat guns. Use em in conjunction (two in one hand, warming up the paint a good amount). Rent yourself an Eastwood roller.

If you've never done a roll before, though, I'd suggest you search your local craigslist for someone to do it (it was $80 to do my fronts). My rears actually got shaved (long story: body shop that was doing some other non-related repairs took 3 months to complete a 1 week job so they threw in fender shaving for free (and reduced my deductible to nil hah)).

Be careful the the front edge of the front fenders as they warp wayyyy too easily. I'd snap a photo of what mine looks like as it started warping just slightly but I drove my Miata to work today so boo..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone
I wanna chane my stock 19" rims to 17 "rims for winter. I wonder that if i choose 235mm wide tyres on stock rims that are 7.5 wide, will these tyres fit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all
Not sure if this is the place to ask but do second generation rims fit on a 3 generation?
looking for a cheap winter rim that looks good.
Thanks

161 - 179 of 179 Posts