Mazda 6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've been looking for another set of wheels to use for snow tires, and I just found a set of brand new OEM 19" CX-5 take-offs for dirt cheap (almost the same size/dimensions plus the factory look) and was going to go pick them up ... but fortunately I looked on tire rack for snow tires, and there is only ONE tire that's manufactured in the factory 19" size (225/45/19), Blizzak LM32s, which cost $215/tire on sale! Paying almost $950 shipped for tires totally negates the cheap cost of these rims.

Anyone else had any success finding a 19" snow tire? I did a bunch of googling and couldn't find anything else. Looks like I need to wait and find a set of 17s.

Locally, there is a set of 17" CX-5 wheels for $800, a set of 2014 Mazda3 16" alloys for $450, and this set of 19" CX-5 wheels for $200. The 17"s are perfect but way too expensive, the 16"s might work but I don't know if they'll fit over the brakes, and the 19"s I can't find snow tires for. :(
Falken HS449 (28-493-937)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the helpful suggestion... but it looks like the HS449 is out of production. Vulcantire, Discounttiredirect, and 1010Tires.com all say they are unavailable. Thanks for the help though... :)

It's looking like my answer is wait until some reasonably-priced 17" Mazda wheels come up on craigslist, so I can pay $100/tire instead of $200+.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So here I am once again..lol... Question for your folks, would it be possible to run a low offset on the front. What I mean is like a 20x9 with a 32 or 25 offset, or would that not clear?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 17' set from my 2015 6 sport, no dents or scratches, tires are at 7000 miles, still plenty of thread. I am at Florida let me know if you are still looking for 17's I am about to put them on craiglist once my 20's got delivered. Ebay price are around 700-800 for rims and tires, I will $650 firm but will have to see delivery to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been reading a lot about 20's wheels in our 6's, but most cars I see have spacers or lowered suspension. In my case I am planning to keep stock suspension for next 2 years at least.
This is the wheel tire configuration I should be getting soon:
Wheels are 20x8.5- +40 offset, tires 245/40/20. Will this feet the "Stock" suspension for a 2015 6 Sport? it will have and aprox. of 27.72 Overall Diameter(Pretty close to 19' factory diameter) I am trying to fill a little bit the gap with those 40 height instead of 35 but I don't want to have issues with rubbing when having passengers.

Thanks for your info. And I will try to post pictures of my car soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been reading a lot about 20's wheels in our 6's, but most cars I see have spacers or lowered suspension. In my case I am planning to keep stock suspension for next 2 years at least.
This is the wheel tire configuration I should be getting soon:
Wheels are 20x8.5- +40 offset, tires 245/40/20. Will this feet the "Stock" suspension for a 2015 6 Sport? it will have and aprox. of 27.72 Overall Diameter(Pretty close to 19' factory diameter) I am trying to fill a little bit the gap with those 40 height instead of 35 but I don't want to have issues with rubbing when having passengers.
Thinking something similar myself. The TSW Bathurst are precisely that measurement and rotary forged. Gives you 8mm less inside clearance and pushes out 18mm. Was thinking about same tire size. 2.68% speed variation and .35" higher/less wheel gap with almost same sidewall as stock. Would love to hear how it turns out :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
anyone know the max size tires (diameter, width, weight)...before it starts effecting gas mileage.... i have a 2015 sport (stock 17s) i purchased the car primarily due to the MPGs. but id like to upgrade with wheels without sacrificing that.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well it's a bit of a trade off, bigger tires (or higher profile) require more torque at low speeds but will yield lower resistance at higher speeds. Lower profile tires will give better acceleration, will be easier on the motor at low speeds and therefore, better gas mileage at low speeds. But the motor will rev higher at high speeds. Kinda give and take. I just go for whatever looks best haha. Otherwise, more meat to fill the gap!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I test fit 20x10.5 +23 work varianzas with a 255/35 tire. It fit pretty well. With a smaller tire it could fit for sure. For those looking for a wide setup. And my bc coils are all the way down.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been through these threads multiple times and still not sure what offset wheels to go with. First I know I want 245/40/19s. I also definitely want the TSW Chicane 19 x 8.5. My question is whether to go with the +40 or +30 offset. There is no in between on these wheels. I bought camber bolts and plan to run the front at -2*. I will be running Tanabe Springs. I think the rear camber will end up about -1*. In the off chance I go with 20s I think the same answers will apply since the wheel would be a 20 x 8.5 and tires would be 245/35/20. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Am I able to fit the OEM tires on a 19×8.5 (f) & 19×9.5(R) wheel??
I'm really not trying to buy new tires just yet.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Am I able to fit the OEM tires on a 19×8.5 (f) & 19×9.5(R) wheel??
I'm really not trying to buy new tires just yet.
The 9.5 width is very, very doubtful. I stretched the OEM tires over a 19x8.5 and it looks/works fine other than the fact that the rim has zero curb protection from the tires. 8.5 is usually the max width for a 225 tire.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The 9.5 width is very, very doubtful. I stretched the OEM tires over a 19x8.5 and it looks/works fine other than the fact that the rim has zero curb protection from the tires. 8.5 is usually the max width for a 225 tire.
Thank you. Saves me from buying two tires.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts