Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for the past few months my transmission has been shifting really hard from park/neutral to reverse or drive. Its even worse when going from reverse to drive, like when parking in a parking spot or whatever. It doesn't happen all the time though, maybe one time every couple of days, and after a good drive (not a short trip). If I shut the car off and turn it back on it still does it, unless I shut it down for like 10 min or so. Idk if it is heat related, if it was, I'd think it would do it all the time... most of the time its so smooth, you can hardly tell it goes from N to D or R.

I have had it to mazda three times already for it, but it won't do it when they have it (go figure huh?). One time when I had it in they somehow checked my fluid (no dipstick, so idk how they did it) and they said the fluid level was fine, and the color looked ok. My car is a Certified Pre Owned, so I have an extended powertrain warrantee to 100K miles or 7 years from the original sale date (im at 40K now), so I have plenty of opportunities left for them to catch it in the act for me. It just bugs me knowing there is something wrong with it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts