Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I made the apparently common mistake of dropping my '12 Mazda 6 (2.5L 4) alternator while trying to maneuver it out of the engine bay, ripping the wires out of this connector:

Finger Thumb Nail Communication Device Material property

Finger Cable Electrical supply Thumb Fashion accessory

Finger Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics Electric blue

{last one shows one of the connectors still in, one missing).

I found a lot of similar posts on this forum for other model years, and I see a lot of similar looking repair parts on Amazon and various websites, but having trouble finding this exact one.

Has anyone found an exact match repair kit?

Thanks!

P.S. For anyone looking to do this repair themselves, I found this video super helpful: PreviewPreview5:52How to Replace Alternator 07-12 Mazda 6YouTube · Fixbook · Nov 21, 2019

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both pins are still in, the right hole also still has the rubber seal. You dont need the whole thing, just two pins and insulators. 🛠 How To De-pin Connectors | TECHNICALLY SPEAKING - YouTube
Thanks so much @TalonTsi90, that video is amazing (I have a new-found appreciation for electrical connector engineering).

Any idea what style connector I have so I can buy the appropriate pins? I didn't see a connector that looked exactly like mine, although maybe it's considered one of ones shown?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Related question: can you drive car while this connector is disconnected? Based on size of wire I'm assuming it's just sending back data to the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts