Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue or know what may be wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The car is a 2012 Mazda 6 automatic transmission under 7000 miles. When shifting from reverse to drive, the car would occasionally jerk. This doesn't happen all the time but when it doesn't jerk, it would sometime make a slight noise instead; as if there was a slight rev while changing into gear or something slipping. None of this happens when going from drive to reverse. The noise is way more frequent than the jerk. But FYI, this will happen regardless if I shift quickly or slowly.

Of course you have to go through neutral. But if I stay in neutral for a minute then shift. It will sometimes make the noise but never the jerk. Having only driven this car for under 7000 miles, I don't think this is good.... Maintenance done at 3000 and 6000 instead of manufacturer suggested 5000.

I'm heading over to Mazda but my appointment isn't for another 2 weeks and it would be nice to know whats wrong before heading in there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Edward

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you do not mind, would you let me know what turns out to be the problem. Best of luck to you, hopefully your warranty covers the fix.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
sorry to revive this old post....

My 2012 mazda6 V6 is doing this same exact thing. I recently posted about it, but got no replies. Ive had it to mazda several times about the problem, but can never catch it doing it when I'm there. They're trying to talk me into a transmission flush and fill, but I dont want to spent $200 on a trans. service if there is a bigger problem and mazda will pay for it anyway.

Did they ever tell you what was wrong with yours when they replaced it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts